chapter 15 - mall drama

Austin and I walked out to the car to see 3 very annoyed boys impaitently shaking the car door handles.

"Gosh you coould have given us the keys!" Zach yelled.

"You know how hot it is?" Robert snapped.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" Alex shouted.

"You're the dumbass' that left without the keys, so don't bitch."

Austin unlocked the car and we all jumbed in. Alex sat in the front and I sat inbetween Zach and Robert.

They all bickered and pocked fun at each other. I just sat on my phone and scrolled through my instagram. I didn't follow many people. Just the crew. I saw Austin's picture that we took on the balcony.

"Serenading my love."

Mahomies went crazy. They mostly loved it. I didn't take the time to read them. I was doing well and I didn't want hate to bring me down.

We parked in the parking garage.

"WAIT! PICTURE!" Austin shouted.

"No I look ratchet." I piped up.

All four of their heads snapped at me.

"Shut up." Robert teased.

"Get out." Alex rolled his eyes.

"Fine take the damn picture."

Austin took it from an angle to get us all in it. Zach and Robert leaned in towards me and we were smiling.

"Okay get off me." I joked pushing Zach and Robert.

We walked into the mall. Austin held my hand and Zach Robert and Alex walked close behind us.

We were really getting some stares this time. It didn't even faze Austin- or the rest of the crew. It made me nervous. People stopped them to ask for pictures and some people asked me for one. Why? I'm not sure. I'm nothing special.

We went into Pac Sun and the boys drifted towards the mens section and I stayed into the womens. I had noticed two girls staring and motioning towards me. Finally they stepped up to me.

"Excuse me? Are you Keller?" the first girl spoke up.

"Yes."

"The one dating Austin Mahone?"

"Umm yes?"

"So you dating him to get publicity or what?"

"No?"

"Then why?"

"Because I like him."

"Yeah okay sure." the second one finally said."

"Oh really?" I asked

"I bet you're a slut. That's why he's with you. Isn't it?"

"Oh you got me."

"Why don't you just kill yourself? No one needs you here."

"Classy." I said holding tears back.

I walked out of the shop and just went off.

Don't they understand their words have an impact? How would they feel if I did? They wouldn't care. Who would?

I could hear my phone buzzing from my bag. I dug it out and looked to see several calls from the crew. Austin was calling me again.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" he said worried.

"I um an by the um fountain thing."

"Stay there were coming."

He hung up. I didn't want to tell Austin- not now. I whipped my eyes and cleared my throat. I could see them walking towards me. Austin was ahead of them. He hugged me tight.

"Why did you leave?"

"I um was hungry so I went to the little pretzle stand."

He gave me a questionable look. I was too good at faking a smile. He shrugged and took my hand. We headed to the car. I didn't say much the whole ride back.

The boys were going out for guys night and I would be by myself.

"You sure you're going to be okay alone tonight?" Austin said running his fingers through his hair.

"Yep. I'll be fine."

"Call me if you need anything." he pecked my lips and walked out the door.

I pulled my laptop onto my lap and logged on twitter.

"Remember that what you say to people has a huge impact on their actions."

I tweet.

"Are you okay?" tweets came in.

Then there was the hate.

"Attention seeker."

"Whore."

"Kill yourself."

"No one cares about you."

"Austin doesn't like you."

I slamed my laptop shut and ran to the bathroom. I felt sick to my stomach. I threw up. The things people said made me angry but sad. I wanted it to end. The pain of not being loved. The worst thought of it all was...

They're right.