chapter 6 - stay the night

I walked home. No cars were in the driveway. My brothers were probably home though. I have three older brothers. Marty who was 22. He still lives at home. Joe who was 20 also still at home. And Vinny who was 19 and still at home. I'm 17 and I'm turning 18 in a few weeks. I don't know why my brothers haven't moved out yet. When I'm 18, I'm out.And I can't wait.

"hello?"

"Keller?" Joe called from the kitchen.

"yes."

"come here."

I walked into the kitchen to see my three brothers facing me.

"umm what's going on?"

"where have you been?" Vinny spat.

"I was at Alex's?"

"And you didn't think to pick up the phone?" Marty spoke up

"I texted Craig.(step dad)"

"Mom and Craig haven't been here since you left yesterday?" Joe said like I should have already knew.

"Well where are they?"

"Mom had a business trip and you know Craig is just up her ass. Were in charge. So you call when you aren't coming home." Marty yelled.

"Gosh. I'm sorry."

Before I could go upstairs Vinny grabbed my arm.

"What the fuck is that?" he said pointing at my neck.

"Um nothing." I said covering it.

"Who did that?"

"Don't worry about it." I pulled out of his grip and ran upstairs and locked the door.

I love my brothers but I hate when they're in charge. They think they own me.

I stared at myself in the mirror. It was an impulse. I grabbed the razor and slashed both wrists. I was upset with myself. Guilt hung over me. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't. I know when Austin found out about it he felt weird. He didn't know how to deal with it. I don't even know how to deal with it.

______________________________________

I laid on my bed and stared at the cieling. My phone buzzed. It was Austin texting me.

"Hey make it home ok?"

"yeah thanks."

"Want to hang out tonight?"

"sure where?"

"Your house?"

"um let me check."

"Vinny?" I yelled.

"Are you guys going to be home tonight?"

"Nah. You can have people over as log as we meet them."

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Unless it's that Zach kid. I don't trust him." Joe said.

I laughed.

"alright.."

"would you mind meeting my brothers?"

"Nope not at all."

"Austin. my brothers. they aren't like normal easy to talk to guys."

"How bad can they be?"

"when you get here make sure you take your hat off and your pants are up. oh and shake their hands and speak clear."

"Why?"

"just do it."

"Alright. On my way."

I through on my cheer sweatshirt and grey leggings and shook out my hair. I heard and knock on the door. I ran down before my brothers could.