chapter 2 - falling hard

I walked home not knowing how to feel. Austin kissed me. He asked me out on a date. I said yes. And everyone thinks were dating. Wow.

"And where the hell have you been?" mom shouted as I walked into the house.

"I told you I was going to Alex's after school."

"No you didn't!"

"Mom I told you this morning and I go there every friday after school."

"ARE YOU GETTING AN ATTITUDE?" Craig, my step dad said coming into the room.

I didn't answer.

"Did you take your pills this morning?" Craig said almost mockingly.

"Fuck you." I whispered but loud enough so he could hear me.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

"KELLER! ROOM! NOW!" mom said grabbing Craig.

I ran upstairs and locked my door.

My phone vibrated.

"Hey I had fun tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow!"

"me too. see you then."

It was Austin.

I couldn't even get excited. My parents just upsets me. I stood and walked into the bathroom and picked up a razor.

I woke up the next morning and looked at my sore wirsts. I had bandages on them. I don't even remember. I took my pills. I looked in the mirror to see dry tears on my face. I turned on the shower and got in. I had my date with Austin tonight. I have never been on a date before because no one even gave me half the chance. I did really like him. But what if he knew?

"Alex can you come over? just you. I need to talk."

"Yep be there in 5."

Alex got here and climed through the window. My mom would never let him up.

"Hey you okay?"

"I don't know what to do about Austin."

"He's so excited. He really likes you."

"And I like him too but the fans don't like me."

"They'll come around."

His eyes drew to my wrists. I pulled my sleves down.

"Keller." He said sadly

"Don't."

"You can't keep doing this to yourself."

I started crying. Never have I cried in front of someone. Alex hugged me tight. After we talked I felt better about going on this date. He really helped me. I looked at my closet and grabed my redish oversized sweater and black leggings and combat boots.

A red Range Rover pulled up and Austin got out. Surprizingly my mom let me out of the house. I walked outside to see Austin smiling from ear to ear.

"Hi." he said shyly.

"Hey."

"Ready?

I nodded. He opened the car door for me and closed it softly.

"I hope you like pizza." Austin smiled

"It's like my favorite food." I laughed.

"Me too. Thats great! I know this really nice place in town."

When we sat down we talked. A lot. I actually caught myself smiling and laughing without having to force myself. He is so.. So.. Just.. Perfect. But does he really like me?

We got into the car and drove. I didn't want to go home yet.

"Hey Austin?"

"Yeah?"

"I am having a really good time."

"I am too. I'm glad you came out tonight."

"Do you want to go to the park or something? We can walk around a bit?" I asked nervously.

He smiled.

"That sounds great."

He grabbed my hand and looked at me. He is so sweet.

We walked around for hours. It was dark but I didnt care. I was falling for him. Hard. I'm happy when I'm around him. I don't even think about hurting myself.

We sat on a bench and he pulled my hands towards him and that made my sleeves move up, revealing my scars.

His mouth opened. I pulled them down and and turned away.

"Keller, I-"

I started to cry and then he wrapped his arms around me. I felt so safe.

"Come here." he said turning me around.

"You don't need to do this to yourself. You're beautiful and don't ever. ever let anyone tell you different."

"I-I didn't think anyone noticed me."

"I did. We(the crew) did. You're amazing. And I would do anything to make you mine."

I kissed him pationately. I wanted him too.

"I should get you home."

"Alright.."

"The crew and I are going to the movies tomorrow. You wanna come?"

"I would love to."

We arrived at my house and he walked me to my door.

"I had an amazing time tonight." He said sticking his hands in his pockets.

"I did too.. I'm sorry you had to see-" I said looking down.

"Don't be." He cupped my face.

I kissed him again.

"See you tomorrow."

I walked into my room. I had no urges. I crawled into bed and texted Alex to tell him that I was okay. I slid a pill into my mouth and went to sleep.