chapter 36 - without you

-2 months later-

I'm starting to look the part if a cancer patient.

I weigh a whopping 97 pounds and my hair is thin and flat.

My face is sunken in and I have an oxygen tank at my side at all times.

Austin has been really on top of things.

He takes me to all my doctors appointments and stays up late with me trying to comfort me.

I now have to stay in the hospital so the doctors can keep a close watch. Austin isn't aloud to stay over night because we aren't married. So he comes and 6 am everyday to have breakfast with me and he doesn't leave until 12 am.

He was allowed to put singing on hold until he is ready. Or until I'm gone.

The crew comes in every Wednesday and they keep me entertained.

I have about a month or 2 left in me.

Things aren't looking to good right now.

-

"Hey Keller?" Austin said swallowing.
"Yes?"
"This isn't how I wanted to do it but I'm running out of time."
"What is it baby?" I said trying to sit up.
"Even though it seems like forever I haven't known you long. But what I do know is that I love you. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my days with you. We both know I can't do that. But I just want one thing." A tear slipped down his cheek.

"Austin-"

He bent down next to my bed.

"Will you marry me?"

I couldn't speak.

He slid the tiny ring on my skinny and pale finger.

"I love you Austin."

He lightly pressed his lips to mine.

-

He had brought a priest and all his family and our friends into my tiny hospital room so we could get married just before I was gone.

"Do you Austin Mahone take Keller Franco to be your loftily wedded wife?"

"I do." He said holding back tears.

"And do you Keller Franco take Austin Mahone to be your loftily wedded husband?"

"I do." I said with a dry throat.

"Then by the power that is vested in me I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Austin laid a soft but passionate kiss on my dead lips.

I looked to his mother who was crying along side his also crying aunt.

-

Now Austin and I being married he can stay with me.

"Keller Mahone. That has a nice ring to it." I said trying to lighten the mood.

He gave me a faint smile and a tear fell from his eyes.

"C'mon babe. I know it's hard but this is gods plan." I said rubbing his thy.

"I know. It's just hard thinking about living without you."

"No matter what I will always be with you." I said letting a tear slip.