chapter 38 - "I'll never let you go Keller. Never."

-3 years after Keller's death-

*Austin's POV*

I walked towards the spot.

"Hey baby. I've missed you so much. Alex Zach and Rob were gonna come but they had some business to take care of. I wanted to be alone anyways. So I dedicated my show in LA to you. The fans responded so well. They loved my song about you. Do you remember me singing it to you last week? It's my favorite one going on the album. When it's all done I'll come back and play it for you. My mom is still the same. Me being 22 she can still embarrass me. Gotta love her though. Dave is back. I can still beat him up. I booked a world tour! I'm leaving for Australia next month. I hope you know I think about you everyday. Well I have to go now. I'll be back soon. Alright?"

I laid flowers in front of a big rock that read " Keller Anne Franco-Mahone. Forever in our hearts. Stay strong. 1994-2013"

I turned to walk towards the car, twisting the ring placed on my left hand and forth finger.

"I'll never let you go Keller. Never."

I got in my car and stared. Keller wanted me to move on, but it was so hard. I loved her so much. She was everything to me. We have gone through so much together. I put her through so much. She was a fighter. There's so many things we didn't get to do and so many things I didn't get to say. One day I hope we can reunite and live infinitely. For now I have to be strong. Be strong for my mom, my boys, my fans, and more importantly, for Keller.

********

I'm back in Texas today. I decided to go to Keller's mom and tell her who I was and what had happened. Hopefully she'll listen.

.

I walked up to the door and knocked hesitantly.

A women opened the door. Her features resembled Keller.

"Who are you?" she spat.

"I am Austin Mahone and I was your daughters boyfriend, well husband."

"Ah so you're the one who dragged her to Miami?"

"Yes ma'm."

"Well where is she?" she said with a chuckle.

"Um. Well.. She passed away."

"What..?"

"She had brain cancer and she didn't make it." as the words left my lips a tear fell.

"Come in. Please."

I walked in to the house I had only been in twice. It still looked the same.

Keller's mother motioned for me to sit in the kitchen.

She grabbed vodka out of the freezer and two glasses.

"You drink Son?"

"Yes."

She sat the glass in front of me and I took a sip.

"Did she ever um mention me to you?"

"Not so much you as to your husband, Craig."

"Craig huh? Yeah she didn't like him. What did she say?"

"I would rather not discuss the bad times. Keller wouldn't want that."

"Fuck what she wants. She was so self absorbed and selfish. She didn't care about anyone but herself."

I was taken back by her saying all these things.

I stood and took the glass and finished the vodka in one swig and slammed it down

"Ya know I understand why Keller hated it here. You treated her terrible. She wasn't the selfish one, you were. Letting Craig beat her until she broke. I shouldn't have even came here. You didn't deserve to know about her. She was an amazing and strong person and you just threw her on a shelf like she didn't mean anything. She didn't deserve any of the stuff you put her through. I hope you're happy with yourself." I said storming out of the house.

I got in my car and backed out. I had to clear my mind so I turned on the radio.

"This is an original song by Austin Mahone, Loving You is Easy!" the radio announcer stated.

I smiled softly and whispered "I love you too Keller."

-

thank you so much for reading guys. I love you so much.