chapter 8 - don't judge me

I woke up to see Alex still asleep in the big chair. I walked upstairs to see Austin on the phone. He was talking to his mom. He didn't see me.

"Mom. Please?"
"Why?"
"Just let me stay another week."
"I promise."
"Thank you so much."
"I love you too."

He hung up and met my eyes.

"Hey babe. How'd you sleep?" he said sympathetically.

I shrugged. He pulled me over to the kitchen and picked me up and sat me on the counter.

"I'm sorry about everything." I said burying my face in his shoulder.
"Why?"
"Putting you through all of this."
"Don't even. I care about you so much. I'll do anything for you."

We didn't say anything for awhile. I broke the silence.

"Okay. I'm ready to be completely honest about everything."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Here we'll go for a walk."

He took my hand and we walked out the door.

"So?"
"Okay. When I tell you this, you have to promise not to judge me. It's the past."
"I would never."
"Okay so. When my dad was shot I fell into depression. My mom tried to keep things normal but she couldn't so she gave up and threw herself into her work. Forgetting about the 4 kids she has. I just couldn't take things so i started to cut myself to relieve pain. My mom found out and she didn't even care. She just brushed it off. My mom had remarried and never was home.Craig hates us. Mostly me. He would hit us but he would always go too far with me. Eventually I got tired of faking a smile. So I came home to an empty house. I wrote out a long letter and after I finally stopped crying, I took a handful of pain killers. I woke up in a rehabilitation center. I had to see a therapist. I still cut myself because the sadness never went away. I have gotten better since. I get made fun of a lot for my weight. I can't gain weight so I get called anorexic. It's upsetting. My mom still threatens to send me back. She still thinks I'm crazy. But the thing is.. I never was."

I looked at Austin who was whipping his eyes. He hugged me so tight.

"I am so sorry."
"It's not your fault."
"When you're 18 you can just come straight to Miami with me. You can stay with us until you get on your feet. I'll take care of you. You're my everything.. Understand?"
"You don't know how much this means to me."

We walked back to Alex's. He was standing in the kitchen.

"I was so confused. You guys weren't here. And I'm hungry."
"Lets go to breakfast." Austin said laughing."
"Man are you crying?" Alex said pointing to Austins face.
"Man shut up."

We went to a little diner, still in our pajamas. I didn't care. Knowing I had an amazing guy who knows about my past and still stays. I liked the fact someone cares. Alex always was there but hes just a friend. Austin is way more than that.

We sat in a booth just talking and laughing. It felt nice to be happy.

______________________________________________________________

read, vote, and enjoy! <3