#1

I've always been allergic to mornings. The thought of getting up at 9am pained me. But yet I managed to comply.

I sluggishly rolled on my side to face my wooden bedside table. The clock that was stationed on top displayed the current time.

8:58am.

To my surprise, I had woken up earlier than I imagined.

I close my eyes to try and regain the beautiful feeling of sleep. For a few minutes I thought that I was successful, but no.

I let out a heavy sigh as I stared at the roof. Suddenly my door slowly creaked open. I quickly shut my eyes as the stranger strode in. My heart was pounding as fear engulfed me.

The intruder then jumped onto my bed and flopped his body on mine. My eyes flew open as I tried to escape from underneath. As I glanced at the unannounced guest I was relieved to come upon a familiar face.

"Morning love." He grins. His eyes squinting and his chin resting on his arms, which were across my stomach.

"Oh my gosh Thomas! You gave me a heart attack!" I sigh playfully hitting him.

Thomas and I have been best friends since, forever. Our parents went to school together and were really close, not only in friendship, but in houses. As I grew up with Thomas, he left a couple times to film movies, but always came back the same. We share an apartment next to Dylan. Yes Dylan O'Brien.

"I made some breakfast." He said.

"Thomas, putting coco puffs in a bowl with milk doesn't count." I laugh.

"Hey at least I tried."

He gets up and helps me do the same. I follow Thomas into the kitchen as he hands me a bowl of cereal.

"Thanks." I say eating the food.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asks shoving a spoonful of breakfast in his mouth.

"Yeah." I sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"I had to wake up!" I frown.

Thomas chuckled almost spitting out his food.

"What?" I giggle at how cute he looks when he laughs. He tilts his head back with his eyes squeezed shut.

He shakes his head and goes back to munching. "You're too cute Y/N"

I blush a little at his comment. Did I mention I've had a crush on him since we were younger?

'Play it cool.' I thought. "I don't have to try." I put a hand under my chin and smile.

I glance at my now empty bowl. I was still hungry so I went to the cupboard to grab some more.

I opened the cupboard door. Great. The cereal box was placed on the highest shelf, and I was tall, but not tall enough. I stood on my tiptoes and reached as high as I could. I felt a hand at my waist. For a moment I froze, my muscles tensing.

"I'll get it" Tom says. He reaches up and grabs it, his hand still at my waist as his torso presses against my back.

"Thanks Tommy." I say as he hands the object to me.

"You're welcome love. Pour me some?"

I pour the sugary goodness into both bowls and add the much needed milk. Because what's a cereal without milk?

Just as I give the bowl back, the door swings open.

"Hey Tom! Y/N? It's a miracle! You're actually awake before nine!"