Chapter 5: Pepper Rallies

The assembly is buzzing, people everywhere in every direction excited to get out class for the day so they can see the football game.I stand in the entrance as everyone swarma to their friends, usually i'd go sit by Kylee without a hesitation but for some reason I don't. People pass me giving me sympathetic looks, looks like they feel sorry for me.

Looks like they know I have no friends.

But even thought they're looking at me, they're looking through me because you can't truly look at the invisible. I scan the crowd looking for someone, anyone with a friendly face who wouldn't mind me sitting with them. I see no one and it's getting packed quickly, less and less kids are pushing throught the entrance. I turn on my heels, ready to run away but before I can I feel a tight grip on my wrist.

"Where ya goin' BG?" Elijah asks, Jared's standing behind him with a goth looking girl I don't recognize.

"Home." I say hesitantly. Elijah cocks his head to the side and gives me a weird look before turning to look at his friends then back to me.

"Why?" He smiles as if he knows im a total loser. I roll my eyes at him and give and exaggerated sigh trying to come up with a good excuse in my head.

"Pepper rallies are lame, I rather be at home reading." I sighed hoping he wouldn't call my bluff. 

"Well so is school but we come to that sometimes right? Come on." He smiled wrapping my hand in his and pulling me threw the bleachers, his friend close in tow. We ended up next to 2 other people who seemed to be reserving spots for Elijah. A skinny girl plastered in make up from the drama department and a boy with unruly curly hair.

The pep raally began and soon enough Sunny saltered out into high kicks and cartwheels with the other brainless drones we call Cheer Leaders.

"Stomp your feet, rock the beat. Our teams better so face defeat! Don't you cry, please don't pout, our teams gonna stomp you out!" The cheerleader clapping and bouncing around with plastered on smiles and worry free minds.

"Hey Lijah, I hear the blonde right there has a thing for you." The curly hair boy smiled stretching over the girls to whisper at Elijah. A sneaky smile spread across his face and for the first time since we'd sat down I realized he was still holding my hand.

"I don't do sluts, 'specially not the cheating kind." Elijah scoffed looking back towards the auditorium floor. I didn't have to look, I knew who he was talking about. Sunny's the only blonde on the entire squad with a cheater reputation. I tried my best to stiffle my laugh but I couldn't help feel satisfied he didn't like her.

"What's so funny?" He asked giving my hand a small squeeze.

"You're talking about her bestfriend, in front of her!" The skinny girl pointed out rolling her eyes.

"Don't worry about it. We're not as close as we seem." I admitted.

"Yeah Scarface, now shut the hell up!" Elijah joked giving her leg a oush as he released my hand. 

"It's SCARLET you bligerent asshole!" She growled pushing his side roughly. Jared put up his hands to remind him he was sitting between them but it didn't do much help. Elijah gave her hair a small tug and Scarlett shot him the finger before sitting back down and turning her attention back to the rally.

"C-ON, FI, DE-NCE. What's that spell? Coooon-fidence! C-ON, Fi, DE-NCE. What's that mean? We're gonna wiiiin this!" The cheerleaders yelled as the crowd cheered them on aimlessly.

"D-U-M-B, A-S-S-E-S! Now what's that spell? Dumbasses!" The goth girl frowned as she cheered under her breath.

"Hater much Carol?" Jared commented.

"I don't hate them, I actually admire how dumb they're. I mean, it's takes a real lack of dignity to wear clothes that revealing in front of the entire school and not even think about it twice." Carol smirked making me laugh and without thinking lean into Elijah.

"So what's your name again? I don't think I caught it at the entrance." Carol smiled looking over the others to me.

"Raine, Raine McGuire." I smiled introducing myself.

"And you're hanging out with this total wast of space Elijah Storm because... What exactly?" Scarlett asked looking at me just as the football player started with their introductions.

"You know what? I don't really know why." I smiled shaking my head side to side. 

"You know what? That hurt, it really did." Elijh smiled.

"She should hang out with us tonight, especially because Scarlett can't make it." Carol smiled looking at Elijha.

"She doesn't know where I work at... I don't think I should take her there. She's a good girl." Elijah smiled shrugging.

Suddenly I felt a bit offended and gave him a push.

"Sure i'll go, sound like fun!" I blurted rolling my eyes at Elijah. Yes, I was a good girl but... Every rose has it's thorns... right?