Chapter 9: Through The Eyes Of The Jerk...

Since I had writer's block on my other stories I decided to give you guys a little look inside Elijah's brain, so you can know what he thinks of Raine before she does XD. Plus I wanted you guys to see how his life is at home and why he is who he is, and does some of the things he does.

So Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah Storm's Pov:

"Eli? Eli wake up!!" Joey cried pushing me roughly and I could feel as her tears hit my arm. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I sat up and tried to pull her onto my lap but she pulled away crying hysterically as she ran out my bedroom. I pulled myself up and ran after her into the bathroom. My stomach immediately flipped as I walked in I had to fight back the urge to puke. My mother laid in the tub naked with a plastic band wrapped tightly around her upper arm and a needle rested on the floor next to a heap of vomit. Vomit was splattered all around the toilet and the edge of the tub, a beer was spilled into the clogged sink leaving the most disgusting toxic smell in the bathroom.

"Is she dead?" Joey asked quietly gentle hiccups from crying lay in her voice, but instead of answering I pushed her out the bathroom and turned the shower on. 

"Go get ready for school." I sighed loudly stepping over puke and giving my mom a small slap on her face. I didn't even wanna know why she was naked, actually, I rather not think about it. Nightmares are the last thing I need in my life. I didn't wanna know why she was in the bathtub or why she was doing this drug or if she ever even stopped to consider the fact Joey uses the bathroom to. Slowly I saw her eyes opening and rage begin to fill her face.

"What the hell are you doing in her you little pervert!?" She shrieked pulling down the shower curtain it a attempt to cover herself.

"Don't flatter yourself, I rather watch a 80 year old woman naked doing sit ups on the fucking beach then your used up ass! Clean this shit up." I growled getting up and heading back towards my room. I slipped on a grey tight fit t-shirt and some black skinny's letting them fall just alittle under my waist, and tossed on a black hoodie as I slung my backpack on and ran my fingers through my hair taming my bed head.

"She's okay." Joey smiled coming into my room and flopping on my bed, I looked at her and nodded gently. My mother may not give 2 shits about anyone but herself, but Joey care about my mother and me more than anything. She saw the good beyond the bad and was always defending us, even against each other. Joey had put on a navy skirt with pink tights under, a pink shirt with flowers on the front, some navy low top converse, and a navy jacket. Her hair running rapidly all over her head.

"She's fine, she's just fucking stupid sometimes. Pisses me off." I sighed pulling on my black work boots as Joey grabbed a brush off my nightstand and began to brush her hair in a ponytail. In my family you learn young not to depend on anyone for anything because they weren't gonna help your ass with shit pass the age of 5, not even the little things! So Joey had been doing her on hair since she was 4 and my mom taught her how to make pigtail, braids, and ponytails. Anything else Joey did to her hair she taught herself or learned it at school.

"Mommy's not stupid, everyone messes up sometimes, so do you. Don't call her stupid!!" Joey argued tying her hair and stomping out of the room, I grabbed my keys and followed her. I grabbed some pop-tarts from the box on the counter and took one, sliding the other to Joey just as my mom salter-ed in wearing a dirty old robe.

"Hi mommy!" Joey smiled brightly with a mouth full of pop-tarts.

"Hey sweetheart." She smiled giving Joey a hug from the side as she looked at me. "So Elijah, I was wondering if I could have about 1,000 today, I'm broke." She laughed.