Chapter 17: Happy Valentines Day...

"Your worthless! If it wasn't a fucking sin I would've had your mother abort you!" My father yelled as he slammed me into the wall. My body hit it hard enough to leave a dent before falling to the ground. My mother was out grocery shopping and my dad had taken the opportunity to do something that he'd been waiting anxiously to do for months now. He took the opportunity to beat me. I guess it was somewhat of a valentines day gift for me, I mean red is the color of love just as much as it is the color of blood right? "Your mother isn't here now is she? You can't hide behind now can you?"

"Please stop!" I begged as he grabbed me by my hair and threw me back to floor just to kick me in my rib cage.

"I'll stop when im damn well ready to!" He grunted before flipping my over and stomping me in my tummy. I couldn't hold it in I began to choke as my mouth filled with blood. "You fucking useless cunt, your staining the tile!"

He got up off me and yanked me up by my neck choking me in order to keeping the blood from escaping my throat. I  struggled watching him laugh as I tried to pull his hands away, he finally let go and watched my beaten body fall to the ground gasping for air. He used his hand to grabbed my hair tightly and raise up my shirt to reveal the bruises on my stomach, I heard him chuckle as I winced when he began to force his thumb into one. He pulled out a pocket knife and smiled as my eyes opened wide, he drug it across my tummy making a cross on the left side of my belly button before throwing my to throwing me back down on the cold tile making my back pop.

"Clean yourself up, you look a fucking mess." He said looking at me as if I disgusted him, he kicked my side one last time making the tears finally boil over. "And my Christ forever be in your presence."

~~ 2 Hours Later ~~

I stood in the mirror in my bra and panties looking at the purple bruises covering my arms, legs, and stomach. The blood encrusted cross next to belly button stood-out causing me to feel ill as it glowed in the room light from being covered in neosporin. I grabbed some gauze and wrapped it around my stomach until you couldn't see that I had a tummy anymore, the I placed ice packs on my bruises for a hour so they wouldn't be as sore. I could hear my family downstairs talking, my brother calling my name saying my mother wanted me, I ignored him and made sure my door was still locked. I pulled on a red skirt that stopped right above my knees, some black socks with a red ribbon over the top that stop right under my knees, a tight white long sleeve, and some white flats. I grabbed my cell phone calling Carol to pick me up before brushing my hair and pinning the front back with a heart shaped pin.

"You look pretty, have to look cute for your boyfriend huh?" She smiled as she pulled onto the road, I looked at her and forced on my best smile so she couldn't notice the sadness in my eyes.

"Of course, it is valentines day ya know!" I said cheerfully and Carol nodded in understanding. I hopped out the car as soon as she stopped it in Elijah's driveway, the door was open. The living room had been decorated for the occasion, rose pedals on the floor and candles making the house smell like vanilla.

"I helped my brother decorate."Joey smiled triumphantly before Jared picked her up and tickled her. I sat on the couch and sighed, my body was aching but I didn't want to ruin my first valentines day with Elijah by complaining about it. 

"so what do think? Do you like it?" Elijah asked coming from behind me and kissing my neck, I almost flinched in pain, I hadn't realized just how sore my neck was.

"It's beautiful, you two did a amazing job! I love it!" I chuckled just as Joey came over and flopped on my lap lap. I couldn't help but gasp in pain from the pressure she put on the bruises, but my gasp made Joey jump up and everyone look at me strangely. "I have to go to bathroom, excuse me."