36| Goodbye Taylor

Imagine putting down every merchandise out of your room so you could pack your things to go to college.

You didn't know why but your mom told you to put down your Taylor Swift posters down, pack down your Taylor Swift merchandise and bring everything up to the attic. She told you that Taylor has been holding you back from moving on. You did not understand but you went along with it.

So here you were, playing her last album that she had officially released. A singular tear fell down your cheek making you aware that you were indeed, crying. For a long time, Taylor was a part of your life for a long time that packing all of this was hard. No one understood how much of her was a part of your life. Her music had touched you. You always found a way to connect with the words that she had laid out for you to hear. You found friends because of her. You found your best friend because of her. You were thankful that you knew her. She treated all of her "fans" as friends. You weren't just a fan. She made sure that you were all loved, always.

When you found out that Taylor considered of stopping music, you were sad. You had tears stream down your face and everything felt wrong. Taylor was meant to make music. You were meant to hear it. So naturally, you played all her songs as you were doing in the instant. You were in your second poster of her. She was wearing this sparkly golden beaded dress. Speak Now were the friends that were written on the upper left corner. You slowly tore the tape from the poster to the wall hoping that it would tear apart. You went off to the next poster that was a quote from her," say you'll remember me even it's just pretend." You went on to the next and to the next until you left off with the first ever poster you placed on this white wall. It was her around the age of sixteen. She had curly long blonde hair and the same piercing blue eyes. She had the same expression on her face that appeared whenever she was around music. Music was her home and it slowly became yours. She was wearing this long printed dress with cowboy boots. It was her when she was finding her place in this world. You finally found yours and you were glad that Taylor was somehow a part of that.

It was different now. When you grow older, everything changes. You felt like this chapter of your life wad ending and you had no way in stopping it or make it slow down. Taylor was older now. She had a kid with her and the man of her dreams. You were headed to College at your beloved school. Everything was going well. But there was one last thing that you would never leave out and it was a letter from Taylor.

Dear Y/N,
        I know that you have been having a hard time. But I assure you that whenever you feel lost, you can listen to my music. I have been there and I will always be here in one way or another. Thank you for listening to my music for all these. Thank your for holding on to your promise in never leaving me and standing by me. Just know that I will always keep in touch with you swifties. You are all my family. Everything I do is for you. What I win is what we win. Even though at times we don't get called, as long as you continue to love what I love - As far as I'm concerned, I have won.

I love you forever and always,

                               Taylor.

It was one of those things that you kept dear to you. The letter is now smudge a bit and has creases on its ends. It had still its value. Taylor wrote that for you and it made the world to you. You were never going to throw that letter away. Everything might be packed up and good to go but this will stay. And your love with Taylor.