60| Going Back | Requested Chapter

When you woke up this morning, you had everything going on well or as normal as life could be. You woke up, ate breakfast, went to cafe for your summer, and listened to your Ed's music on the radio— who also happens to be your best friend. Today was going well. The sun was up so you didn't have to take the bus to cafe. You didn't even have to come to work. Life, or at least today, was good.

When you walked into the cafe that you worked at, you saw that there were only a few people in it. There was Mrs. Smith who usually gets here before you in the corner with a cup of coffee. To her right, it was her son who loved staying here before he went off to work. When looked around, you saw a blond girl that you haven't seen before. She's been looking down on her notebook, scribbling nonsense then crossing out from her pen. There was a distinct agitation in her actions. She kept looking around at the people in the cafe. She was tapping her fingers on the table. She didn't look well so you approached her. When you did, you felt something clicked. You knew this person. You just don't remember the details but you did. You were sure of it.

"Are you okay? You don't look okay." You said, trying to console her. You smiled at her giving her comfort. She smiled back at you but you could tell something was bothering her.

"Can you help me? I need your help. Do you know who I am?" She asked, doodling on her notebook.

"I'm not so sure. I just saw you... I don't remember. I'll help you anyway." You replied. You knew that whoever she was. She needed help.

"I'm Taylor Swift. I'm supposed to be a musician. When I woke up this morning, I didn't have my guitars. I didn't know where I was. I even called Scott--"

"Borchetta. He was---"

"--my record label. You're remembering." She said.

"I don't know how to help you, Taylor." You said honestly. It was the truth. You didn't know what to do. This could be an example of the mandela effect or something all too different. But you were not giving it up. You stood up before bringing her back to the room behind the counter.

"Taylor, do you remember anything before you woke up."

"No."

"Wait, stay here. Don't open the door unless I say it's me." You tell her. You go out from the room to see two people waiting patiently by the counter.

"Yes, how may I help you?" You asked politely.

"I'm looking for a blond girl. I believe she walked in here." He said, moving his head by the door. Something was definitely off with this guy.

"No, I haven't seen anyone. Sorry."

"But give her this."

"Okay..." When you took it, they left the cafe. Looking down, you saw the card that said. "If you want your life back, come to us at 9PM." You ran to the door to see Taylor singing one of her songs.

"I think I know what to do but we need back up."

"We can do this."