Chapter 1

"I just don't know anymore Leah." I said to my best friend.

She placed a heaping of spaghetti onto her husband's plate and then set the pan down.

"Honestly there's only one thing you left you haven't tried yet which is being a nanny." Leah said.

I sighed. 'I don't know.."

"Don't even try that. I've seen how you are with children. You're a miracle worker with them. You know what, I know just the guy who could use your help."

I pulled out my chair at the island and sat down, folding my hands on top of the granite counter top. "You do?"

"Yeah, yeah... just a second. Blaine!" She yelled. "Bring Nash and finish dishing up dinner please!"

Nash was her little bundle of joy son and Blaine was her husband.

Leah wiped her hands on her apron and gestured for me to follow her. I did so and followed her into the family room. She plopped down onto the couch and I did so, picking a spot next to her. She pulled out her phone and opened it up so she was texting someone.

"His name is Luke. He has two sons named Bo and Tate and well, they're a bit of a handful but you could manage. He's gone through so many nannies that he's at his wits end. I'm sure you could handle it." Leah said, pulling up a picture of two little boys that I persumed to be this guy's kids.

I sighed. "I'll try."

Leah lit up. "Great, great! Lemme call him real quick."

::::::::

The next morning I showed up at Luke's home carrying a bussiness card with my information on it.

Temporaily Yours
A temporary nanny survice

Caroline Boyer
Franklin, Tennessee
(812)-612-712

I rang his doorbell and lightly knocked on his front door before waiting. I admired his home, taking in the lovely landscaping and the pop of the big red door in front of me. Suddenly, I heard the door click and it swung open, revealing an attractive middle aged man. He was tall with brown hair, nice thick trimmed scruff, and the brownest eyes I'd ever seen. You could get lost in them. I looked him over noticing he was in a nice, unbuttoned blue plaid shirt. I swallowed my thoughts and zoned back into reality.

"You must be Caroline, right?" The man spoke with a thick southern drawl. Oh boy, it was nice too.

"Uh, yah. I'm your nanny now I guess." I stuttered, giggling slightly.

"Sorry, pardon me, come in. As you can see I'm running a little behind." The man laughed, rushing inside, buttoning his shirt as he walked.

I followed him into the kitchen, suddenly feeling nervous around such a good looking man. I watched as he placed two lunch boxes into two Spider Man backpacks. He ruffled his hair, jolting his head up.

"I'm Luke, Luke Bryan, by the way. Goodness I'm so sorry. I didn't even introduce myself!" Luke said, holding out his hand.

I shook his hand. "Oh it's quite alright."

Luke turned on his heel, facing the stair case. "Bo, Tate, Til, school time. Please come down here now!" Luke yelled.

I heard the hustle and bustle come from upstairs as kids mad dashed across the floor. I took this time to look at the pictures framed on the walls. One photograph in particular caught my eye. It was of Luke and his two sons and a woman. The woman had wavy auburn hair and a dimply smile. She was very pretty. I'm guessing she was his wife.

I felt Luke's presence and noticed he approached me from behind.

"Is this your wife?" I asked.

I looked at Luke and noticed his whole demeanor change. He got real quiet. "Her name was Chelsea. We were college sweethearts. She was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago. I guess it was too much for her even with all of the chemo and radiation. Um, Chelsea passed two years ago."

My heart hurt for him. I couldn't even imagine going through losing my significant other.

"I had no idea, I'm so sorry." I said quietly.

Luke shook his head. "No, it's alright. You didn't know."

All of the sudden his children came rushing down the steps and ran into the kitchen. The littlest one trotted up to his father with a big ole' smile on his face.

"Hey buddy," Luke exclaimed, picking the child up. "Did you sleep good?"

The boy nodded. Luke ruffled his hair and sat him down.

"Bo, Tate, Til, this is Caroline. Caroline this is Bo, Tate, and Til." Luke introduced us.

They just stared and shook his head. "I don't have time for this. Boys, Caroline is your new nanny. She'll be taking care of you. As well as taking you to school today. Be good. Now I have to go. Love y'all."

Luke handed me a sticky note. "If you need anything here's my information. I'll be at the studio all day and won't be home until five. Thank you!"

With that he was out the door and I was left with three boys.

"Hey guys, I'm Caroline."

"We know. Uncle Luke told us." Til said, rolling his eyes.

I shot him a look before directing my attention back to all three of them. I addressed them sternfully. "I don't expect much from y'all except for respect. Got it? I will not tolerate disrespect."

:::::::::
I finished dishing up pork chops onto everyone's plates just as I heard the front door open. Boots clicked across the wooden floor as Luke entered the dining room.

"Mmm, smells good." He said, glancing over the meal I had prepared. "Pork chops, baked beans, salad. I didn't expect all this. Thank ya Caroline."

"Just doing my job, Mr. Bryan." I said. "Have a seat. The kids are just doing their homework at the kitchen table."

Luke took a seat. "Please, call me Luke."

"Okay Luke, I'm just doing my job."

He smiled.

Author's Note
Well there's the first chapter of my new book! How do you guys like it?