Chapter 27

Luke and I got home late afternoon today. Our flight had been delayed slightly because of the weather but everything went smoothly from there. We landed in Nashville, met with an abundance of snow that we were not prepared for clothing wise. Once we made it home, we were greeted by each one of the boys, home from school because of a snow day. Both Luke and I visited with Luke's mama before she left, saying she had a hair appointment at 6:30. The boys were excited to tell us all about what they'd done the past few days and eager to listen to us as we described our days on the beach.

Coming home was kind of a bummer for me. I knew that it meant not being able to openly kiss and love on Luke anymore. We had to keep our relationship on the down-low as of now. That meant no affection around the kids. Don't get me wrong, I'll put up with it for the time being, for as long as I need to, but I'm still sad.

It was 8:30 pm now and I'd already tucked Bo and Tate in bed early for school in the morning and Til would most likely stay in his bedroom for the rest of the night. Bo and Tate insisted that put ice cubes in the toilet bowl and spoons under their pillows in hopes for another snow day. Luke and I had chuckled and allowed them to do as their little hearts pleased. After all, being from Tennessee, they didn't see snow very often and snow as an excuse to stay hime from school? Heck yah, of course their little selves were going to do everything in their power to have another.

I sat plopped down onto the couch and sat a laundry basket next to my feet on the floor. I had so much laundry to do it was ridiculous. Between Luke and my vacation clothes and then all of the boys', I had at least four loads to do. Luke sat next to me, aimlessly clicking through channels on the TV. He turned to me and smiled, scooting closer.

"Hey baby," He said, placing little kisses along my neck. I squirmed, loving how he nibbled at my sweet spot every so often. Yet, I knew we had to stop.

"Luke," I scolded softly. "Stop, we can't do this."

Luke seized the love nips and frowned. "Aw c'mon, the kids are asleep and Til coming downstairs to catch us is very unlikely."

"But it's risky." I explained.

"Just some kisses. I've been deprived of your loving all day." He attempted to beg.

I began folding laundry again, pulling one of Luke's many tshirts out of the basket. I shook my head. "Nope."

Luke groaned. "Please."

I shook my head once more, causing Luke to sigh in frustration. "What's it gonna take for me to get some lovin' from you?"

I thought for a moment and smiled. "A foot rub. You're gonna have to pay for kisses with a foot rub."

Luke smirked. "I think I might just be able to do that."

I propped my feet up into Luke's lap and he proceeded to rub them. A slight moan slipped from my lips and I blushed. Luke chuckled and then smirked, moving to hover over top of me, his arms on either side of me propping himself up. He leaned down, so close that I could feel his hot breath on my cheek. Luke attacked my lips, kissing me deeply, pulling on my lips every so often. I was taken aback by his energy he was putting into the kiss, the sheer passion. Then the phone rang, it's shrill sound reaching the living room. Luke got off of me and groaned ever so loudly. I laughed and rose to my feet.

"I'll get it." I said, making my way past pouting Luke and into the foyer.

I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

A man's voice responded. "Hello, this is Dr. Todd Wurth of Vanderbilt Bone and Joint Surgery Center in Franklin calling to confirm Luke's appointment at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon."

I paused, quite confused. Bone and joint surgery center? Why the hell was Luke having surgery. "I'm sorry, would you like me to go and get him? He's right here."

"That would be great ma'am."

I sighed and walked back to the living room. Luke looked up when I came into view.

"Who is it?" He asked.

  "For you. Something about surgery." I said.

Luke's face registered realization and he hopped up, taking the phone from me. I watched as he nodded.

"Yes sir, I'll be there." He paused. "Yes. Yes. Um no. Thank you. Have a good night, doctor."

Luke set the phone down onto the coffee table and I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. "Surgery, eh? And you didn't mean to tell me?"

Luke sighed. "I'm sorry, Carol. With everything going on it totally slipped my mind that I'd scheduled that a month or so ago."

I shook my head feeling foolish. I had no right to be mad. "I'm sorry for getting all upset. Besides, if it was that long ago you wouldn't have even thought about telling me anything like that. I was just a lousy ole' nanny to you back then."

Luke lifted my chin with his finger. "Well, now you're not and I plan on telling you everything from now on. And Caroline," His expression softened. "You know that's not true. I've never thought of you like that. You were always something a little more than just my nanny. I've had feelings for you all along, I just had to find them before I truly realized it. I love you."

I smiled and Luke kissed my forehead. "I love you too, Luke.... so where are you having surgery?"

He pointed to his left elbow. "Nothing major. Just a slight incision on the inside of my elbow. Last year around March I had the same procedure done on the outside of my elbow. It's from playing guitar. Tennis elbow aka lateral epicondylitis."

"Oh that's good. I thought you had to have something more major done." I said, turning away.

I picked up the laundry basket full of freshly folded laundry but Luke stopped me, pulling me in for a kiss. I gave him a quick peck before pulling back and slapping him in the chest. "Stop, Luke. I have to finish laundry!"

I left him standing in the living room and headed down the hall to the laundry room. I took the clothes out of the basket and sorted them into each one of our cabinet shelves. Luke had shelves in here, each one labeled with our names. One of the boys' chores was to come and get their clean clothes and out them away where they belonged. From behind me, I heard the door click shut and lock. I spun around to find Luke.

"Luke, what are you doing? I told you I have to-" I began to say, but he cut me off by lifting me up onto the counter top next to the stacked washer and dryer.

"Let me love on you. The last time for a while because of surgery. Back to you and me baby." He whispered.

I gazed at him and saw the lust evident in his eyes. I bit my lip and reached for his shirt, tossing it into the dirty laundry hamper in the corner.

I smirked. "That needed to be washed anyways."

I then reached down for Luke's belt, undoing it and letting his pants fall. My eyes fell on his growing friend that decided to join the party. Luke bit his lip and reached for my shirt.

"I like this game." He growled. "A great way to get laundry done."

Soon there were clothes flying every which way, landing God knows where as we stripped each other. Thank goodness the kids were sound asleep upstairs. This making out and making love on countertops is beginning to become our thing... and I kind of don't mind.

Author's Note

I know it's a short chapter. It was kind of a filler.

• How do you think Luke's surgery will go?

• Predictions? Thoughts? Wants for the future?

Lol, countertop. ( @ Sarah @ Bethany (; )