Chapter 34

She'd be an awesome mommy.

A day had passed since Luke and I discussed the whole Kelsie ordeal. Things had been swell and easygoing since then. It was a Tuesday night and everybody was seated at the dining room table. I was in the kitchen, taking the homemade mc and cheese I'd whipped up out of the oven. With pot holders in hand, I carried the casserole dish out to dining room and sat it in front of Luke.

"Mmm," Luke hummed. "smells delicious Caroline."

I did a small bow before taking a seat. "Why thank you, it's a family recipe."

Bo piped up excitedly. "Is there bacon in it?"

   I nodded and began dishing some of the gooey noodles onto Tate's plate. "Yes there is, sir. Is that a problem? Do you not like bacon? I have some spinach salad in the refrigerator that you can have instead."

"No," Bo quickly yelled. "I love bacon! I hate spinach!" He wrinkled his nose and both Luke and I laughed.

Once everyone had some of this and that on their plates, everyone bowed their heads for the prayer.

"Dear Heavenly Father," Luke prayed. "God, we thank you for this food. For rest and home and all things good. For wind and rain and sun above. But most of all for those we love. Amen."

"Amen." Everyone said in unison.

I looked up from my plate and made eye contact with Luke. He mouthed 'I love you'.

I smiled. Everybody ate and talked about this and that, what they did during their day. After everyone had finished their food, we sent the boys to go shower. Tuesday nights also happened to be family game nights so the boys did all of their nightly routines early.

As I was washing the dishes, I felt two arms wrap around me. I knew it was Luke.  "Hey, cowboy." I mused.

"Dinner was good. Give my compliments to the chef." He said into my ear.

"I'll make sure to do that." I responded.

Luke began nipping at the skin just behind my ear before trailing kisses down my neck. I tensed up, my breathing quickening.

"Luke," I choked out. "Stop."

Luke chuckled and released me from his grasp. "Good to know I can get you hot and bothered anytime, anywhere."

I rolled my eyes and smacked him with the towel. "You big butt, stop that. The kids could've seen."

  "Yah, about the kids... I think we should tell them about us. With the ACMs coming up and you going with me and all-"

"Yah, now would be a good time to do so." I responded, knowing exactly what he meant.

I finished drying the last plate and placing it in the cabinet when I heard the pitter-patter of feet. "Miss Caroline, Daddy, we've got the games!"

Luke and I walked out to the living room where Bo, Tate, and Til were setting up Mousetrap. We situated ourselves around the coffee table. Just then, Til's phone buzzed. Bo jumped up and grabbed it. Til tried to take it back.

"Ooh," Bo mused. "Til's got a girlfriend, Til's got a girlfriend!" He chanted.

"Give it back!" Til yelped. "And she's not my girlfriend. Besides you like Sophie!" Til accused.

Bo looked like he'd been humiliated in front of God and everybody. Luke slightly chuckled beside me. I rolled my eyes.

"No, I do not!" Bo shouted.

"Alright, that's enough boys." I sighed. They all sat down.

In what seemed like forever, Tate spoke up. "Daddy, do you like anyone?"

It was dead silent for the longest time. I glanced up at Luke who was contemplating how to handle the situation. He could either take this opportunity and run with it or back down.

"Tate, come here." Luke said, motioning for him. Tate got up and walked around the table before plopping next to Luke. Luke whispered in his ear. Tate's facial expressions were priceless as he gasped.

"Bo!" Tate giggled. "Daddy likes Miss Caroline!"

Bo jumped up from his spot on the floor. "I knew it! That's why y'all were kissin' yesterday."

I gasped. "When?"

"After Daddy got home! You gave him a kiss. It was gross." Bo grimaced.

Luke and I laughed. "Yeah, we did buddy." Luke spoke up. "But that's what you do when you're boyfriend and girlfriend and love each other. Are you okay with that?"

Bo thought for a moment before slowly nodding. "Yeah, Miss Caroline is cool. Are you gonna marry her daddy?"

"I don't know buddy, should I?" Luke asked, turning to look at me. My heart stopped beating when Luke asked that, I swear to y'all.

"Mhm, she'd be an awesome Mommy." Bo settled back down on the floor as Tate crawled into my lap.

  Slowly, I reached over and grabbed Luke's hand. He squeezed it in return and in that moment, I knew there was nothing else I wanted more than to marry that man and be apart of this family.

I'm so sorry for taking forever to update! For the lack of updating, here's a second chapter! Please comment! Love y'all!