Chapter 36

I peered down through the glass case, gazing meticulously at each and every engagement ring. There were so many, I felt overwhelmed. What is Caroline didn't like it? Sighing, I scratched my scruff, becoming more and and more stressed by the second. I knew I was ready to marry Caroline, but I had to take the next logical step in my plan on getting to there. In this case, it was purchasing an engagement ring in which heightened my anxiety levels by an insane amount.

"Sir, have you found one you like, by any chance?" A woman across the case said.

I was startled from my thoughts and looked up, groaning slightly. "Sadly, I have not. I have not a clue what I am doing."

"Are you looking for a princess cut, cushioned cut, round cut, marquise cut? Silver or gold ring?" The lady asked.

I chuckled, befuddled. "Can you hang on a second, ma'am?"

She nodded and stepped back. I pulled out my from my back pocket and quickly dialed Leah's number. She could help me with this. The dial tone sounded. Almost immediately she picked up.

"Luke?" She exclaimed. "What is it?"

"Why do you sound so concerned?" I laughed.

She scoffed. "You don't call me unless it's an emergency or you need help. And the occasional need to reach Blaine."

"True." I stated. "But I need you to haul ass to Kay Jewelers in that strip mall on Mallory Lane off of 65 down here in Franklin."

I heard her gasp. "Is this for what I think it is?"

"You'll see, just get here quickly please!" I said.

"Be there in a jiffy!"

I placed my phone back into my back pocket. "I'll be back." I announced to the lady.

I then walked down to the other end of the mall where there was a Chick - Fil - A. I was thirsty. I pulled my hat down, hoping no one would see me. On my way, I passed Victoria's Secret and smirked. I quickly dropped in there and bought Caroline an outfit off the secret menu. By the time I got myself a beverage and bought Caroline a gift and made my way back to Kay Jewelers, Leah had shown up.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, waving in her direction.

She smiled, toting Nash in his carrier along with her. "Luke, hey," She greeted as she approached me. "What's the issue we have here?"

I smiled at Nash. He was as cute as a button. Seeing him always reminded me of when Bo and Tate were little munchkins just like Nash. I definitely wanted more children, no doubt about that. Hopefully, maybe someday, Caroline could be the one to bless me with them.

I gestured towards the rings. "I'm as guilty as a man can be. I don't know what Caroline would like."

She laughed and just shook her head, leaning over the glass to peer into the case. She pointed towards a ring. "That one. She would absolutely love that one."

"I love it." I said. "I'm getting that one."

Leah furrowed her brow.  "Don't you wanna know how much it is first?"

I shrugged. "Doesn't even matter."

She chuckled, playfully slapping me on the arm. "I forget you make millions each year because you're Luke Bryan."

  She sat Nash down on the floor in his carrier. He was asleep, his little chest rising with each delicate breath he took.

I just laughed. "Even if I didn't, I'd still find a way to get Caroline the very best. She deserves anything and everything."