Chapter 26

The pieces, they all seem
to fit together with you.

::::

  I awoke the next morning to a gentle ray of sunshine streaming through window, glistening against the glass panes. I smiled, remembering last night and the blissfulness of it all. Everything seemed to all be right as of now. Luke felt the same way I did and he remembered that night that brought us together so long ago, the night that was burned in my brain for years to come. We re-created that night last night, both of us caught up in the wild, crazy, passionate love for each other that blazed in our hearts, the lust in my own eyes mirroring Luke's. Our hearts raced together as he held me close, tightly, our sounds waning out with the waves. It was perfect and Luke made me feel like a queen.

The sheets ruffled as Luke moved and snaked his arm around me, pulling me close to him, our still-bare bodies resting against each other. His body heat radiated off my own, yet oddly, the touch of him against the small of my back sent shivers tingling down my spine. Luke mumbled something into my mop-head of hair that had fallen almost all of the way out of my ponytail sometime between our love-making session and sleeping last night. I tried to close my eyes in attempt to catch a few more winks of sleep before Luke woke up, but my attempt failed after just lying there for about fifteen minutes with no results. Luke's snoring gradually increased from muffled noises to full out snorts. This left me to sigh heftily and force me to try and wiggle free from Luke's tightening grasp. Every time I'd try to heave myself out of his grasp and my body out of bed, his arms would compress me closer to him.

"You're snoring so damn loud!" I mumbled to myself.

Luke grunted, startling me, finally letting me go. He rolled over onto his back. "Do I need to handcuff you to me to give you the hint that I want you to stay in bed with me?"

I frowned and said, "I'm sorry," as I sat up in bed, pulling the covers over my body, feeling oddly self conscious. I picked at the sheer sheets, keeping my eyes on the bed. I knew it was silly, foolish to be feeling this way, but I mean, I was laying naked in a bed with Luke Bryan. Put any girl in my position and they'd feel the same way. Well, unless you're a straight up whore or something. Then you'd be on top of him right this moment. Beside the point.

Luke laid there silently for a few short moments before turning his head to look at me. He chuckled. "That's alright darlin'." He then frowned. "Why are you covering up like that?" He sat up and furrowed his brow. "I moved too fast, that's what it was, wasn't it?" He then whispered under his breath. "Damn, I knew I should have slowed my pace."

I automatically felt bad. He hadn't moved too quickly at all. In fact, I'd been dreaming about this night for a while now.

"No," I said quickly, making Luke snap his head in my direction. I dropped the sheet covering my upper body. "You didn't move too fast."

I saw Luke gulp and he sort of shook his head in unbelief. I watched as he bit his lip, sending butterflies scattering in my belly. "Damn," He breathed.

I could feel my cheeks begin to burn a bright shade of red and I reached over to slap his arm. He scoffed and rubbed the place where I'd smacked him.

"What," He shrugged slightly whining. "They're really nice. And when a woman has herself a pair of nice boobs, a man can't help but stare, okay? Forgive me."

I laughed and scooted closer to him, letting him wrap me in his arms. We both sat up, leaning against the headboard. Hesitantly, I rested my head on his chest. Luke leaned down and placed a kiss the top of my head. For a while, we sat like that in a comfortable silence, both in our own little thoughts before Luke spoke up, barely above a whisper.