Chapter 29

"It's all so surreal."

  Ever since that pregnancy scare, Luke and I have been more careful when it came to our intimate times. I was so relieved that it was negative and Luke surely was too. Of course I wanted kids of my own. But now? I didn't think that would work out very well. Luke played a couple more shows before heading back home. Right now, he's on a small break until March 8th.

The kids were outside playing when Luke walked into the kitchen, tossing a fancy envelope onto the counter in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked, picking it up.

Luke shrugged with a sly smile. "Open it."

I gently tore it open and pulled out a card. It was an invitation to a wedding. Confused, I shot Luke a perplexed look.

"We were invited to Kerri's assistant, Jacoby's, wedding. It's in Costa Rica."

I laughed. "No, you were invited. One, I don't even know her. Two, I have nanny duties to tend to here. And three, won't that be a little bit more than suspicious if I go with you?"

Luke walked closer to me and took my hands in his, caressing my knuckles. "I want to make it up to you, about the other day I mean. You didn't deserve to be treated that way. And sure, people will have their thoughts, but let them have their assumptions, we have to break the news sooner or later, am I right?"

I slowly nodded. "Yeah, I guess so. It's just that I'm your nanny and it feels like I'm neglecting nanny duties here a lot, with running off with you and all."

Luke smiled, quickly placing a sweet kiss on my forehead. "Yes, but you're also my girl now, so you'll have to find balance my dear." He winked and I just rolled my eyes. "Besides, eventually we'll have to hire a new nanny because you'll be known not only my wife, but as mommy too."

I just stood there staring back in Luke in pure amazement. It was hard to comprehend how far both of us really had come in the past four months I've known him. I went from being Luke Bryan's nanny to Luke Bryan's girlfriend. Just that alone shocked me, but underneath that title was also the things we've been through. This man before me surely was what I had been needing in my life.

"Babe, what's wrong?" luke asked, jolting me from my train of thought.

It took me a split second to realize that I had tears freely flowing down my cheeks. I chuckled and wiped them away with the back of my palm.

"Nothing," I breathed. "It's just that I can't believe all of this."

"What?" Luke responded. "You can't believe that you're Luke Bryan's girlfriend, the main envy of every woman in America right now, and the most perfect girl to ever walk this Earth?"

I giggled and slapped Luke's chest. "Oh, hush your mouth." Luke smiled playfully and I sighed. "No, I don't believe it. It's all so surreal."

Luke smirked, cupping my face in his hands. "Well honey," He whispered, his breath hot against my cheek. "You better believe it because you're all mine."

The touch of his lips pressed against mine sent chills shrilling down my spine. I deepened the kiss, pulling on his bottom lip every so often, getting a nip back in response.  We were so caught up in our little make out session that neither of us even heard the back door click shut. That is, until we heard Til.

"Y'all, get a room, good God." He grimaced, walking past us.

Luke and I quickly broke apart and Luke reached out, grabbing Til's arm just in time.