Chapter 21

This very secret that you're trying to conceal
is the very same one you're dying to reveal.

::::

  My eyes fluttered open, awakening from my sleep. It had to be only 6 am. I shivered, feeling chiller than normal, so I rolled over only to find a man's body there. Immediately I sat up. Oh, please tell me I didn't get drunk and gave sex with some random dude. But as my eyes adjusted to the lighting and I came to with my surroundings, I realized I was in Luke's room. Next to me laid Luke, sound to sleep. I could hear his small little snores and I noticed he was in only his boxers underneath the covers. Only his boxers. Oh gosh, my mind began to run hog wild at that point but I shut it down. I relaxed and settled back down onto the bed, laying my head on Luke's chest. He grumbled slightly and wrapped one of his arms around me. As I nuzzled my head into his neck, I smiled, remembering last night.

We'd finally both fessed up to the love we felt for one another and that only opened endless doors of possibilities for the both of us, good and bad. With Luke's arm wrapped around me I felt so safe and secure, like nothing bad could ever happen to me. He made me feel so alive and loved... something I'd never felt with anyone before. The fact that he was a famous country singer never influenced the love I have for him. I fell for the real him, the Luke Bryan not many knew. I so badly wanted to tell the world I was in love with him and he was in love with me, but I knew I couldn't do that. It had to be our little secret for now.

Soon I was jolted from my thoughts as Luke turned on his side and kissed my neck, sending my stomach into a flip-flopping mess.

  "Mornin' darling," He mumbled in a morning voice the killed my whole being.

  "Morning Luke," I whispered smiling to myself.

  I went to get up but Luke held me tighter. "Don't go, lay with me for a little longer, please."

I sighed. "Luke as much as I'd love to, we're not even a couple and what if one of the kids walk in and see us? We can't be putting ideas like that in their minds."

Luke loosened his grip on my sides before hopping up and running to the door. In all honesty, I really enjoyed watching him prance to the door in just boxers. My cheeks burned red and I dipped below the covers so just the bridge of my nose was peeking out.

"There," Luke said, locking the bedroom door. "Now no one will bother us."

He turned around and frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said, the sound muffled so I couldn't even hear my own voice.

  "What?"

I slowly lowered the comforter from my face, praying to The Almighty that the blush had faded to wear Luke couldn't see it. But Luke smirked and I knew it hadn't.

"I should start shaking my butt in my boxers to make you blush even harder." He said, laughing.

I shot him a look. "Now why would you do that?"

He shrugged. "When you blush I think it's really cute. It brings out your gorgeous blue eyes too."

"Well, I wouldn't blush anyhow." I defended myself confidently, but I truly wasn't confident about that statement, truth be told. "You in your boxers does not faze me."