Chapter 30

Love, love is like a lime, pleasant with tequila, bad if shot in the eye

I was awoken by the loud rapping against the door down the hall, thud after thud. I groaned groggily, my eyes still adjusting to the light.

"We didn't order room service! Go away!" I yelled.

Luke stirred, but remained sleeping. How the hell was he sleeping through this? Such a damn heavy sleeper let me tell you.

The repeated rap against the door continued without hesitation. Did a crazed fan figure out Luke was in Costa Rica and in this exact house? I was about to tell whoever was outside off again when they spoke up.

"Caroline, get your ass out of bed. You know what, I'm coming in!"

It was Leah. The front door clicked shut and before I could protest that both Luke and I were naked, she came barging in the bedroom door. I didn't even have time to ask questions as to why she was here because I was hurriedly throwing the sheets over Luke who had come uncovered last night.

She stopped in her tracks, immediately regretting her decision to come busting through the door. Her cheeks were red for a moment but a smirk quickly made its way onto her face.

"Someone got it on last night, didn't they?" She quizzed.

I knew my face was heating up and I cursed at myself for blushing so easily. I slid out of bed, not caring that I was butt-ass naked in front of Leah. She was my best friend, had been for years. We had our fair share of drunk nights together where we'd seen each other without pieces of cloth covering us up. Don't ask.

I slipped my red thong on from last night, the ones I'd slipped into after Luke and I showered together (purposefully picked out for Luke if you hadn't guessed already) and rolled my eyes, shooing her out the door.

"Just let me get dressed at least? And like, just leave please? For God's sake, Luke is still sleeping and naked under there." I huffed, tossing my bathing suit bottoms into a hamper.

She shrugged and then winked. "Just one more reason for me to stay."

I stopped and walked up to her, basically pushing her through the door frame. "Leah, you're married." I said, pointing to the ring on her finger.

"And Luke Bryan is lying naked in my best friend's bed." She said, pointing to Luke's slumber induced bare body under the sheets.

I rolled my eyes. "Touché... now go. Wait, why are you even here?"

"So now we're asking questions? I thought you wanted me to get out while you got dressed." Leah fired back, an eyebrow raised.

"I swear to you with my all... go, get, shoo!" I groaned, aggravated.

Leah laughed and walked out, shutting the door behind her. I love her, but gosh did she know the right buttons to push! I slipped my house coat on and followed behind her a minute later, I found her in the kitchen.

I leaned up against the counter. "So why are you here?"

"I know Jacoby," she explained. "And I was invited to the wedding. Luke explained that I could stay here in one of the other rooms. Blaine will be arriving later and apparently so will Black Mike."

"Black Mike's coming too?" I asked. She nodded. My heart sunk a little. I was hoping to have some alone time with Luke. Having all these people here, well that means we can't stay in the same room anymore or people will know we're dating.