Meeting Him

'...Thinking/thoughts....'

"....Normal talking out loud..."

Picture of Serena up top

_____________________________________________________

~Dream~

'Run. Run. Run. Run! Run!! Run!!! RUN!' I kept telling myself, urging myself to go faster, even though I'm already going as fast as I can. "You can't run from me!" I heard my brother scream like a maniac. I whip my head back and see that he's on my tail. "Just leave me alone!" I screamed back at him, looking forward once more. "And give up immortality? Fuck that." He laughed manically. 'I can't beat him... He's so much stronger than me... There's no way I can out run him...' I thought, letting out a shriek when I felt his hands clamp down on my shoulders. My brother threw me down to the ground, and all I saw were his red eyes before he lunged at my neck.

~End of dream~

"Aaaah!" I screamed as I shot up from my bed, clutching my neck. "Just a dream, just a dream, just a dream." I muttered to myself, trying to calm my breathing down. 'I just need a drink of water...' I told myself mentally, getting out of bed and going to the kitchen. I shakily got myself a glass of water. I quickly downed the glass and got myself another and downed that one as well. Sighing, I leaned against my kitchen island and looked at the clock which read 7:00 am. "Whelp, time for work." I sighed, pushing off the island and going to take a quick shower.

After I got ready, I grabbed my purse and got into my car. I swung by McDonalds and got a hash brown along with a sausage muffin, okay maybe two sausage muffins.

I love my job. Did I ever mention how much I love it? Well, I love it. "Morning Dr. Ace." My assistant Leeann greeted me as I walked into the clinic. "Morning Leeann. And how many times do I have to tell you, call me Serena. Dr. Ace feels to weird coming from a friend." I giggled, bumping my shoulder into hers. "Sorry, the doctors I used to work with always wanted me to call them doctors." She giggled back. "Whelp, I'll be on my office working on documenting the injuries from yesterday. Give me a shout if ya need me." I told her before going to my office.

It seems so surreal that I'm working for SHIELD. Even though I've been working for about five years now. If you couldn't already tell, I work as a doctor here at SHIELD. I also work in the research department when I have no patients or doctor duties.

When I was about half way done with my documentation, Leeann came into my office, "Uhh Serena, Director Fury wants you." "Alright, I'll head there." I sighed, standing up from my chair.

I quickly made my way to the bridge, dodging passerby agents. "You wanted me sir?" I asked while approaching him. "Ah, Dr. Ace. Follow me, I will fill you in on the way." Nick told me, walking past me. I quickly turned around and followed next to him. "So what is it that you need me for?" I asked as we navigated our way through the maze like hallways. "You have heard of Captain America right?" Heard? Ha! I attended his stupid shows! "Yes, I am fairly familiar about his tale." I answered. "Well, yesterday a team discovered him." What? Is that even possible? "But sir, he died? He crashed a plane into the Arctic." I expressed my thoughts. "Yes, but it seems like he was incased in ice and was preserved in a way, and I think the super soldier serum had something to do with keeping him alive." Nick stopped for a bit to wait for a door to open before continuing, "I want you to take him up. Figure out if it's possible for him to live again." "Alright, I will do my best Director." I smiled, containing my excitement.

"Wow..." I gasped in awe as I saw Captain America in his frozen prison. "How long until he is out?" I asked as I approached the large ice block and placing my hand on it. "About an hour." Nick answered me. "Alright, just leave everything to me Director." I smiled, giving him a two finger salute. Nick chuckled a bit before turning around and leaving.

About an hour later, Captain America was free of his icy prison. "Alright, set him on the bed and leave it to me." Ordered the people. Everyone left the room once they had put Captain America on the bed. I quickly stripped him of his wet clothes and wrapped him in some blankets before applying a heating pad and wrapping some more blankets around him. I slowly raised the temperature of the heating pad, making sure that it didn't heat up to much so that I wouldn't cause any damage to his body. I keep a close eye on his vitals, but they worried me. His heart rate was still dangerously low after an hour, and his temperature wasn't going up as much as I hope.

An hour later and his condition still didn't improve, which made me worry. I wouldn't worry as much but the warm IV fluids, blood rewarming, airway rewarming, and irrigation didn't work like I hoped they would. 'Maybe...' I thought, looking around a bit before going up to the bed side. I snapped my fingers, creating a magical veil over the bed and I. The veil wasn't visible to anyone but me, and it was so that the camera would see nothing but me checking Captain America's vital signs.

Sighing, I brought my index finger up to my mouth and bit it, drawing some blood. I opened Captain America's mouth slightly and held my finger over the opening, letting a few drops of my blood drip into his mouth. 'That should do the trick. If it doesn't, I don't know what will help bring him back.' I thought as I licked my finger to clean it and heal it. I waved my hand, dispelling the veil, as I watched Captain America's heart rate slowly rise along with his temperature, even the color to his face was beginning to come back.

Director Nick came in sometime later and dismissed me, but not before telling me that I can't tell anyone about this. 'Hope they don't suspect anything.' I thought as I walked back to my clinic office. "What did the Director want?" Leeann asked me as I sat at my desk. "Oh, I wish I can tell you, but-" before I could finish, Leeann chuckled and waved her hand before saying "Yeah yeah, I know, classified." The two of us talked for a bit before I went back to documenting.

"Phew." I sighed, pushing away from my desk. "Got that sucka done!" I chuckled to myself. "Hey, we're gonna go get dinner after shift ends, you want to come?" Leeann asked, popping her head in my office. "Wish I could, but I'm busy tonight." I smiled sadly. To be honest, I just didn't want to go.

Just before my shift ended, I went to the blood vault to remove the blood that was a day or two away from expiring. "How's the blood supply Dr. Ace?" Fury asked me when I exited the vault. "Still good, just cleaning out like usual. We're gonna need another shipment though." I told him, sealing the box that had the removed blood bags with some tape. "The new shipment should arrive tomorrow morning at 10. Great work with Captain America today, I was really worried that he wasn't going to make it." Nick said, leaning against the wall. "Yeah, had me worry for a bit, but then I guess those cells kicked in." I chuckled, locking up the vault. "Well Director, I gotta make my way home for the day. I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled, giving him a small wave as I walked away. "See you tomorrow doctor." I heard him say as I left.

Once I got home, I took the box to my room and hopped into bed with it. "Come to mama." I snickered, ripping the box open like some kid opening their Christmas present. I quickly grabbed a blood bag and bit into it, sucking the bag dry of its delicious liquid. I emptied out four more bags before calling it good for the night.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth and all that, I went to bed for the night, thinking about Captain America.

________________________________

Yo yo yo :D anyone but me excited about Captain America Civil War? I am so pumped #TEAMCAP