Officially Meeting Him

A few days have passed since Captain America has been medically stable, he's still asleep though. But I have a feeling that he's going to wake up soon because every time I go to check up on him I would sneak a few drops of my blood to him.

It was just a normal day at work, like usual, that is until Captain America woke up and broke out. "Doctor, I need you with me for the retrieval." I heard Nick tell me over my earpiece. "Alright, where do I have to meet you?" I asked, grabbing my coat as I left my office. "Meet me at bay 3." I heard Nick reply. I rushed over to the bay in top speed.

"So what's the sit?" I asked as we made our way to down town New York. "Well, the Captain woke up, freaked, broke out, and is now running about in New York." Nick summed up for me. "We just need you to do a check up on the way back, make sure everything is alright. Oh, you'll be his personal doctor from now on too." He told me before the car came to a stop. I stayed in the car and watched as Nick approached Captain America. 'Wow, his eyes are so pretty.' I thought as I looked him over. No I was not checking him out, I was just quickly looking him over... 'Stop thinking like that.' I told myself, slapping my cheeks slightly. 'Oh no he's coming here, oh wait crap, he's gonna sit next to me! Just calm down. Calm down.' I breathed as the car door opened. "Oh. Hello there ma'am." He greeted me when he saw me. He seemed surprised to see me, and it was cute. I giggled a bit before smiling and saying "Hey there. My name is Serena Ace." "Steve Rogers ma'am." He smiled back, holding out his hand as he got into the car. I took his hand and shook it. The moment my hand touched his, there was this spark and rush that spread through my body. "Mr. Rogers, Serena here is going to be your personal doctor from now on." Nick told Steve when he got in passenger seat.

"Mr. Rogers, you will be staying with Serena for the time being. She will help you get situated into this new world." Nick told Steve as we drove to where ever. 'Excuse me, but I don't remember agreeing to this.' Was what I wanted to say, but I kept my mouth shut, 'Good thing I drank all those blood bags yesterday.' "That is fine Mr. Fury, I don't want to bother her more than I already have or will." Steve said. 'Oh he's so polite.' I gushed silently to myself. "No it's fine, you won't be a bother, trust me." I smiled, waving my hand dismissively. "Well, this is your guys' stop. You have the rest of the day off Serena, I got someone to fill in for you don't worry." Nick told me as we stopped in front of my house. "Alright, thank you director." I smiled. I was about to open the car door but seems like Steve beat me to it. "Thank you," smiling, I step out of the car. "No problem ma'am." He smiled back, closing the car door.

"Well, this is our home now I guess." I giggled as I opened the front door. "Nice place it seems." He said after he walked in and took a look around. "Thanks. Well, let's go to the store and get you some stuff." I said, pulling out a water bottle from my fridge and tossing it at him. "Drink, you need a lot of liquids right now." I ordered him, giving him a smile. Steve chuckled and opened the water bottle, "Yes doctor." He quickly downed the water bottle and tossed back the empty container to me. I tossed another at him, "One more then we leave." I drank a bottle myself while he drank his.

I drove the two of us to the mall that was nearby and took him to Macy's. We went to the men's department and started picking out clothes for him. "I think this will fit." I said as I held up a shirt to him, "Go try them on." I ushered him into the changing rooms. 

Minutes later, he came back out with the clothes, "They fit ma'am." "Please, call me Serena, I feel to old when you call me ma'am." I giggled, taking the clothes up to pay for them along with a few pair of shoes. "I'll pay you back one day." Steve said as we walked about the mall. "Don't worry, I have way more than enough. Consider this a welcoming gift." I smiled, looking up at him. 'Damn he's tall.' I thought as I realized our height difference. "Still going to repay you." He chuckled. I stopped at Victoria's Secret, "Uhm, you should stay out here, I just gotta buy some things." He gave me a questioning look when I told him that. "Trust me," I giggled, watching his face as he saw inside the store. "Oh..." He blushed, going over to one of the chairs and sitting down. 'He's so cute when he blushes.' I giggled, going into the store and buying some bras and panties... And maybe a thong or two....

"Let's grab something to eat before we head back," I said when we got into my car, "Anything you want to eat in particular or you open?" "Uhh anything." He replied. "Italian sound fine to you then?" I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes. "Uhh never had it but sure, no harm in trying." He chuckled.

I took us to Olive Garden. "Table for two." I told the waitress who led us to a table. "I'll be back in a bit to take your orders." The waitress smiled, giving Steve a wink. Of course, Steve being how he is didn't notice it... I think... Well he didn't respond to it... I have to admit, seeing that made me a little flustered. "So many choices..." Steve chuckled, putting the menu down. "Yeah they offer a lot." I chuckled, trying to decide if I want salad or soup. "Maybe you should get the tour of Italy," I recommended, watching him pick up the menu and look at what I recommended. "You guys ready to order?" Our waitress asked when she came back. "Yeah I'll have a water, a salad, and the tour of Italy." Steve told the waitress. "Uhm I'll have strawberry lemonade, the chicken and gnocchi soup, and the chicken and shrimp carbonara." I answered her, giving her the menu. "Alright, I'll those to you as soon as I can." She smiled, giving me the stink eye before leaving. 'Heh, petty.' I snickered silently.

"So I'm guessing your waking wasn't a pleasant one this morning?" I chuckled, crossing my arms and legs. "Yeah, not the best morning." He chuckled. "Well, let's hope that it was just a one time thing." I smiled, sitting up straight as the waitress came back with our drinks. "I'm hoping so too," then he looked at the waitress, "Thank you." "Thank you." I thanked the waitress, giving her a fake smile.

After we had finished dinner, I paid -much to his disliking- and we left for home. "Okay," I sat down next to him on the couch and gave him the iPhone, "This is a cell phone." I taught him how to set it up, take pictures, call, text, and all that stuff. Took a while but he got the hang of it, slowly. "Thank you, Serena. You really don't have to do all this, I can figure it out on my own. Well, I'll eventually figure it out on my own." He said, chuckling at the end. "No I couldn't do that. Besides, I like helping people, hence why I became a doctor." I smiled, yawning at the end. "Go to sleep, you're tired and you need to go to work tomorrow." He told me. "No, Fury gave me the next few days off to help you assimilate into the modern world." I giggled, standing up and stretching a bit. "If you need anything, my room is across from yours," I smiled, walking away into the hallway before peeping my head out from around the corner, "Oh and good night Steve." "Good night, Serena." He smiled back.

I went to bed with peacefully. Nothing on my mind but Steve.

_______________________________________________

Til next time :D