As One

~Serena's POV~

"Guys." Natasha directed our attention to the portal. The wave of aliens increased. Thousands poured out of the rift in the sky. I wanted to say 'we're screwed' so badly when I saw the numbers. I mean, it was seven of us against thousands. Reminds me of that one movie, 300.

"Call it Captain." Tony said as we grouped up. "Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment," Steve looked around a bit, probably coming up with a plan, "Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays," Steve looked at Tony, "Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn back or turn it to ash." "Can I get a lift?" Clint asked Tony. "Right, better clench up Legolas." Tony said, grabbing the back of Clint's outfit and jetting up into the air. Steve turned to Thor, "Thor, you got to try and bottle neck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up." With that, Thor took off as Steve looked at me and Natasha. "You two and me, we're going to stay down here on the ground. We keep the fighting here. And Hulk," he turns towards Hulk who lets out a low growl, "Smash." That word seemed to have made his day because Hulk grinned when Steve told him that. 'Man I love it when he goes commando like that, it's such a turn on.' I giggled before dashing off.

"So many." I panted slightly as I regrouped with Steve and Natasha. "Whoa, watch where you point that thing girl," I held my hands up in the air when Natasha pointed the alien weapon that she snatched at me. "The fact that it's tiring me says a lot." I dismissed my dagger and lean against a fallen cab. "Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." Natasha panted. "Our biggest guns can't touch it." Steve breathed heavily. "Well maybe it's not about our guns," Natasha said while looking up at the tower.

Some more aliens dropped down to the ground, making me groan, 'I'm going to need like a hundred blood bags after this.' "If you want to get up there you're going to need a ride." I heard Steve told Natasha. "I got a ride," she dropped her weapon and walked to the other side of the bridge. Some of the aerial aliens flew past us on their flying contraptions. "I could use a boost though." She said, looking back at Steve. "Are you sure about this?" Steve asked in a wary voice. "Yeah, it's gonna be fun." She tried to sound optimistic about it, but I could tell that she was a little scared.

Natasha ran at Steve and jumped up onto a car before jumping onto Steve shield, getting a push up from him. She grabbed onto a passerby vehicle that flew by. "Just you and me Cap." I huffed, standing straight up and summoning my bow as Steve ducked behind his shield when an alien shot at him. I shot the alien in the head. 'Take that stupid thing. How dare you shoot at my boyfriend.' I pulled back the string of my bow and an arrow of light nocked, and I released it, hitting an alien dead in the forehead.

I stayed back and shot while Steve was up front. "Duck." I told him over the com, releasing my arrow. Steve quickly dropped to his knees, avoiding an arrow to the head. Tony came down and fought along side Steve for a bit before firing his repulsers, in which Steve used his shield to control the beam to take down a line of aliens. And Tony took off after that.

An alien managed to knock Steve down to the ground and attempted to stab him with its weapon. "Ey ugly!" I shouted, snagging its attention. My arrow pierced its head and Steve shoved it off of him. "Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison. They've cornered a lot of civilians in there." Tony informed him, although I heard to because we had set our coms to open. "I'm on it." Steve panted. "Let's go, I got your back." I said, giving him his shield.

The two of us made our way to the bank, to see that there was no way in but an open window. Steve skillfully jump through the window while I flew in after I unfolded my wings. "Cap, bomb." I pointed out when an alien pushed a button on a box it had in its hand. Steve threw his shield at the alien, making it drop the bomb as it flew backwards. Steve ducked behind some desks as the aliens shot at him. "I'm going to head down below." I told Steve before jumping down the floor below where the people were. The aliens immediately turned their attention to me. "You know, I'm getting tired of seeing your ugly faces. And have you ever heard of a bath?" I growled, summoning my dagger and dashing at them, cutting their throats. "Oh, and your blood reeks." I scrunched my nose, jumping back up to the upper floor to see an alien throw the bomb at Steve, who blocked it with his shield. "CAPTAIN!" I shouted when he flew out of the window from the force of the blast.