Horn Head

As Serena was drying her hair with a towel, there was a knock at her door. "Come in." She shouted from her bed. The door opened to reveal Steve. "Oh hey there, thought we were going to meet at the bridge." Serena said, standing up from her bed. "Yeah, but I wanted to check up on you. Are you alright? I didn't mean to punch or kick you that hard. I'm so sorry." Steve worried, making Serena giggle. "Steve, I am fine. You didn't hurt me much, don't worry, and you didn't leave any bruises or anything." 'Good thing I heal fast.' She assured him, looking up into his worry filled eyes, "Now let's go?" Steve smiled and nodded in response to Serena's question. 'She looks so good in that outfit.' Steve thought as he watched her walk around her room to gather some stuff. He took in a deep breath when he felt a wave of heat wash over his body, making his heart beat faster and pound in his chest and butterflies flutter in his stomach.

After she hung he towel up and brushed out her hair, both her and Steve made their way to the bridge. On the way there, they ran into Coulson who just happened to be going to bridge himself. Serena hung back a bit as Phil and Steve conversed. 

"I mean, if it's not too much trouble." Phil was asking Steve about him signing his trading cards. "No, no. It's fine." Steve smiled back at Coulson. The three enter the bridge where everyone was frantically working the computers to find Loki. "It's a vintage set. It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but-" Before Coulson could finish his sentence, an agent shouted "We got a hit. Sixty-seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy-nine percent." Coulson immediately went into a serious boss mode, "Location?" "Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding." The agent replied to Coulson. 

"Captain, you're up." Nick told Steve as he turned his head back and looked at him. Steve replied with a nod before leaving. "Oh, your suit." Serena said, leading Steve to where his suit and shield was being kept. "Hope you like it." Serena smiled lightly, looking up at him. "I'll be waiting outside," she told Steve before stepping out of the room for him to change.

After Steve was done, the two booked it to the quinjet where Natasha was was waiting for the two. "Finally, I was wondering when you two were going to get here." She said as she started the jet up. 

Steve sat in the back while Serena sat next to Natasha. "So, why'd you two take your time getting here huh?" Natasha wiggled her eyebrows at Serena, making her roll her eyes. "We did nothing woman. Besides, he probably doesn't even like me like that. I'm pretty sure he still loves Peggy..." Serena said in a disappointed voice, fiddling with her fingers. "I see how he looks at you Serena, there's this like sparkle or glint in his eyes when he sees you, his eyes light up. I'm pretty sure he's just trying to sort his feelings out and such, give it some time." Natasha told her, rubbing her shoulder. "Only time will tell." Serena sighed, looking back at Steve who was reading through the mission profile. 

"We're here Cap! Time for you to shine." Natasha told Steve, snapping him out of his thoughts of Serena. Serena walked up to cap and straightened out his suit a bit and helped him strap his shield on his forearm. "Good luck out there Steve, and remember, you'll always have your little guardian angel out there by your side, looking out for you and helping you." She smiled, looking up at him, "Now go get 'em Cap." Steve smiled and hopped out of the jet and onto the ground below. 

Serena quickly snapped her fingers and created an illusion of herself sitting at one of the seats when in reality she jumped out of the jet and joined Steve. Snapping her fingers once more, she changed into her angel outfit (the outfit from like 2 chapters ago). "Lux," her bow appeared in her hand. She took off after Steve while staying hidden. 

"There are always men like you." Some old man stood up to Loki, brining a smile to Serena's face as she watched from the bushes. "Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example." Loki said with a smirk as he pointed his scepter at the old man, firing a shot from it. Serena's eyes widen, and she quickly held her hand out and erected a wall of earth in front of man in attempt to protect him. But Steve deflected Loki's attack with his shield when he landed in front of the man. Serena stifled a laugh when she saw Loki being knocked down on his ass.