A Spark

The next morning, I woke up around six because that's my usual time that I get up. Like I still don't know how my body does it, it will automatically wake up around six, it's weird. Either way, I woke up, did my normal routine and knocked on Steve's door, only to find it empty when I opened the door. I scrambled to the kitchen to get my keys but find a note on the island.

Dear Serena,

Out for a run, will be back around 6:30 or so.

-Steve Rogers

'Aww so cute that he leaves me a note instead of shooting me a text. Where are all the men like him in the world. Oh wait, they're dead.' I mused to myself as I get started on making breakfast. When I was searching the butter that was lost in my fridge, I fished out a blood bag and my face paled, "Shit... What if he saw this... He would have confronted me right?" I checked the expiration and it wasn't until tomorrow so I quickly downed it and dispose of the bag. "Man, I hope he didn't see that." I mumbled as I cooked the bacon. 

15 minutes later, I heard the front door open. "Steve, is that you?" I asked from the kitchen. "Yeah, good morning." He smiled as he walked into the kitchen. "Morning to you too Captain." I giggled, setting the plate of food in front of him. "Oh thank you." He smiled before digging in. "After we're done eating let's take you to the nearby gym so you can slowly regain your full strength. Then we can improvise from then on out." I told him after swallowing my food. "Alright, thank you for all this, really." He continued to thank me. I really found it cute and gentleman like. "Steve, stop thanking me, it's nothing really. I want to do this." I chuckled, grabbing the gloves to start on the dishes, only to have a pair of big hands stop me. "No, let me, you already let me stay in your house and cook the food." I tried to argue with him but he kept on insisting so I just dropped it, and let him do the dishes.

While he was doing the dishes, I took a quick shower and changed into some jeans and my usual cute top. I sat on the couch and watched some TV while Steve was showering and getting ready. "Another strike has happened here in Wisconsin last night. Five more victims have fallen at the hand of this mysterious killer. The only thing that is found on the bodies are two puncture wounds at the neck." The news reporter said as she stood before the scene. A person from the nearby crowd ran up to the news reporter and grabbed the mic, saying "It's vampires I tell you! They are going to take back what is rightfully theirs!" 'Okay, she's lost a few nuts and bolts up in that noggin of hers.' I chuckled a bit before my mood dimmed down. "You don't believe in that stuff do you?" Steve asked, leaning against the entrance of the hallway. "Well, I think it's just some eccentric serial killer." 'Or my brother.' I added mentally, thinking back to his vow to kill me. "I don't for one, the only vampires I know remain in Transylvania." Steve sneered, pushing off the wall and sitting down next to me.

The two of us watched the news for a bit before heading out to the nearby gym. I paid for Steve to have a membership there so that he could come and go as he pleases. While he was beating the crap out of some punching bags, I was on Facebook and texting Leeann.

L: Guuuuuurl, I've seen his profile. He is one fine man ;)

I have no idea what came over me, but when I saw that I felt... Jealously?

Me: You and checking guys out. He's such an awesome guy. So polite and mannered. So unlike 'men' now a days.

L: How do you know this? :o

Me: ......... I picked him up yesterday with Nick....

L: I have a feeling there's more to it missy. SPILL!

Me: Naaaaah, I'll let you wait for now xD

L: OMG DID YOU BANG HIM!?!?!?!

'.....Okay 1) Ew 2) WTF 3) For some strange reason that made my heart race and face heat up.' I sat there and blushed while I stared at me phone, trying to pull myself together to reply to her.