Together We Stand

~No One's POV~

'It's her.' Steve thought as he saw her fly by. "She wasn't in the profiles." Clint said, his eyes following Serena. "She's not known to SHIELD." Steve told Clint as Natasha shot down he enemy before they went to the tower. 

Thor was fighting against Loki up at the tower. When the quinjet showed up, Loki shot it down. Everyone inside braced for impact as Clint crashed the quinjet. 

Once it was on the ground, the three Avengers got out. "Are you okay?" Serena asked when she landed near them. "Who are you?" Clint nocked an arrow and aimed at her. "I am not your enemy you twit." Serena said in an irritated voice. "Hawkeye, she's an ally." Cap vouched for her. "You are coming with us to SHIELD afterwards." Cap told her, looking her straight in the eyes. "K." Was her simple reply, which threw the other three off. "Come on, we have to get back up to the tower." Cap said, looking at the tower before taking off towards it with the other three on his tail. 

Everyone stopped to take in the destruction around them. "What the fuck...." The words slipped out of  Serena mouth when she saw a huge alien that looked like some leviathan come out of the portal. The thing flew over their heads and more alien soldiers deployed from it. "Stark, are you seeing this?" Cap asked Iron Man as he watched another leviathan come out of the portal. "Seeing. Still working on believing." Iron Man replied as he shot at a leviathan, only to waste his effort. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" Tony asked. "Banner?" Cap asked more than replied. "Keep me posted." Iron Man told them. 

Captain, Widow, Hawkeye, and Angel (Serena) all hid behind an abandoned taxi cab. "We've got civilians still trapped up here." Clint said as Loki flew by. "They're fish in a barrel down there." Cap said when he saw Loki destroying things on the floor below the bridge that he was standing on. Everyone ducked as some of the aliens shot at them. Widow shot back with her guns while Hawkeye hid behind another cab and nocking an arrow. "We got this. It's good. Go." Widow told Cap. "I'll help." Angel told cap, twirling her dagger. Cap looked at Hawkeye, "Do you think you can hold them off?" Hawkeye looked back at Cap with a determined and proud face, "Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure." He grabbed an arrow out of his carrier and shot an alien. 

Captain America and Angel jumped down to the ground below the bridge. Angel watched as Cap landed on a bus and go flying in the air when the car he landed on got hit and exploded. "Cap!" She shouted, watching as he flew through the air. Cap landed safely on his feet, easing Angel a bit. Cap and Angel fought off the aliens as they directed people to safety. "Cap, the police, they can help." Angel pointed at the group of policemen that was a quarter of a mile away from them. "I think they'll listen to you more than they would to me." She told him, slashing the throat of an alien that tried to jump her. 

The two made their way over to the policemen who were a little scared about everything that was happening. Steve landed onto of a police car, startling the policemen, "I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." His order fell on deaf ears because the policemen didn't take him seriously. "Listen to him you dim twit!" Serena hissed, cutting down another alien. "Why should we take orders from you? And you're just some girl stuck in Halloween." One of the police officers said, pissing Serena off. 

She let her fangs come out and hissed at them with her teeth bared, scaring them. Of course, Steve didn't know why because Serena had her back turned to him. Some aliens tried to jump Steve, but he quickly took them down, earning respect from the officers. 'Mhmm damn that was hot how he just took them down like that.' Serena blushed. The head officer gave the orders that Steve told him a few moments ago. "Men." Serena scoffed, turning back and running towards a group of aliens and killing them. 

"We have to head back up to Widow and Hawkeye to help." Cap told Angel, who responded to him with a nod. Angel unfolded her wings and held her hands out to Cap, "I'm giving ya lift." Captain looked at her warily, unsure if she could handle his weight. "Come on, we don't have all day Cap." She rushed him, shaking her hands. "Can you handle my weight?" He asked, scratching the back of his head. "Yes... I think... You know, it might be safer to run." She decided, earning a nod from him in reply. 

The two made their way back to the bridge where Widow and Hawkeye were. 

Five aliens charged at Widow and Hawkeye, and they could not defend themselves with aliens charging at them from their sides. Angel quickly dashed in and cut down most of them while Cap bashed some with his shield as he landed in front of Widow and Hawkeye. 

Lightning killed the last three aliens that were after them, followed by Thor who stumbled down to the ground near them. "What's the story upstairs?" Cap asked Thor as he walked up to him along with Hawkeye, Widow, and Angel. "The power surround the cube is impenetrable." Thor answered. "Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys." Iron Man said over the com. "How do we do that?" Widow asked. "As a team." Cap said. "I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor said, looking at the tower. "Yeah? Well get in line." Hawkeye said as he was fixing his arrow. "Save it." Cap stopped things before they got ugly. "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need." Cap said as he walking a bit, "Without him, these things could run wild." 

Then, Cap went commando, "We got Stark up top," Cap raised both of his arms and pointed up at the sky, "He's going to need us to-" Before Cap could finish, an idling engine captured everyone's attention. Banner rolled in on a small motorcycle, prompting a little giggle from Angel. 

Everyone walked over to him. "So this all seems horrible." Banner said as he walked towards the group. "I've seen worse." Widow said, looking at him. "Sorry," he apologized to Widow. "No, we could use a little worse." Widow said in an uneasy voice. 

"Stark, we got him." Cap informed Iron Man. "Banner?" Iron Man confirmed. "Just like you said. "Tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Iron Man told us before he showed up in the group's field of vision with a leviathan tailing him. "I don't see how that's a party." Widow said, not getting Iron Man's sarcasm. 

Banner started walking towards that leviathan that was slithering it's way to the group. "Dr. Banner," Cap spoke up, getting his attention, "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." "That's my secret Captain. I'm always angry." Then, Banner transformed into the Hulk, ripping his clothes in the transformation process, well except for a part of his pants. Hulk punched the leviathan's snout, crushing it and making it flip over. Cap grabbed Angel and held his shield over him, Widow, and Angel to protect them from being crushed. 

The Avengers gathered, preparing for the storm. 

________________________________________

Shorter chapter guys, sorry >.>