Chaos

An explosion tore through the room, knocking everyone back and about. I flew into Steve who held onto me and braced the impact for me. "You okay?" Steve groaned, looking at me and loosening his arms. "Yeah." I lightly groan, standing up. "Put on the suit." Steve said rather quickly to Tony. "Yeah." Tony groaned, standing up with Steve. "Stay here." Steve ordered me. 'Like hell I am.' I thought, watching as him and Tony took off. 

I quickly took off into the deserted hallway where the cameras were destroyed and snapped my fingers, changing into my fighting outfit instantly. "Lux." I summoned my bow and I unfolded my wings and jump outside into the sky from a hole that was made in the wall. "Engine three, I'll meet you there." I heard Tony say in my earpiece com. I flew over to the third engine and stayed hidden. 

"Stark! Stark, I'm here!" I heard Steve shout as he stood at the edge of what ever was left of the floor. "Good." I heard Tony reply. I watched as Steve jumped up and grabbed a pipe, swinging upwards to the floor above to reach the engine control panel. "What does it look like in there?" Tony asked Steve. "It seems to run on some form of electricity." Steve replied. 'Such a dork.' I giggled as his reply. Then Tony went all geeky on Steve. "Speak English!" Steve said frustratedly, making me laugh.

Some of the enemy showed up, one throwing a grenade at Steve who easily slapped it away as he jumped back down to the lower floor. I watched Steve fight off some of the enemy, but started to worry when he didn't notice the one sneaking up behind him. "Ey!" I called out, grabbing his attention. He freaking out a bit when I was aiming my bow and arrow in his direction. I let go of the arrow and it hits the guy behind him in the arm and knock him back a bit. I watched as he jumped over the railing and grab a gun, shooting at who ever was at the door way, missing. "You know, for a soldier you have a lousy shot." I chuckled when I landed next to him. 

I held out my hand, forming and arrow of light and nocking it. "Damn it, can't get a clear shot." I cursed when I saw all the debris that hung around. "Can you hit that lever when I tell you to? I'll keep you covered." Steve asked, looking at me. "Yeah." I replied standing by the lever as Tony started pushing the blades. 

"Steve!" I shouted, rushing over to him when he got knocked overboard. I peer over the edge and see him hanging onto some wires. "Hang on! I'll pull you in!" I shouted to him, grabbing the wires and pulling them towards me. Once he was close enough, I reached my hand out to him. Steve slapped his hand into my open on, and I pull him in. "I have to go check on someone." Before he could say anything, I left to go to Coulson because I had this itching feeling in my chest. 

"Coulson!" I called out when I reached Loki's prison room, to find the cage missing and Coulson on the floor, bleeding. "Coulson!" I kneeled down next to him. "Am I in heaven already?" He asked weakly, looking at me. "No, but I can heal you." I told him, pulling the a vial out of a pocket on my dress. "No, leave it. If I am meant to die then I am meant to die." It seems like he had already accepted his fate. "Oh Coulson," I sobbed and hugged him. "Why hide yourself angel? He's a dead man, might as well let him see the face of angel, because where he's going there won't be any." Loki chuckled, making me glare at him. "You mean the ones you are going to see when I send you down there?" I hissed at him. 

Loki laughed and disappeared. "Can I see your face before I go? The cameras can't see you from this angle." Coulson asked weakly. I reached up behind my head and untied the ribbons that held my mask up. "Serena, I should have known. Your eyes are the same. I always knew I had an angel next to me." He chuckled weakly as I gave him another hug. "You should get going, unless you want Fury to know." He shooed me away. A tear escaped my eye as I put my mask back on and ran away from the scene.

I go into a hallway that had its camera busted and change back to my normal outfit before going to bridge and waiting for the others.

"Agent Coulson is down." I heard Fury say over the ear com. The bridge went quiet. 

The door to the bridge open, and Tony and Steve walked in. I ran into Steve's chest and cling to him as I sobbed into his chest. He picked me up is his arms and brought me over to the table and sat me in a chair. "Shh, shh, shh, it's okay." He soothed me, running his hand through my hair, calming me. 

Soon, Nick joined us at the table. "These were in Phil Coulson's pockets. I guess he never did get you to sign them." He threw the trading cards that Coulson wanted Steve to sigh onto the table. The were covered in blood. The smell of blood repulsed me at the moment, I don't know why but it did. "We're dead in the air. Our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor... I've got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had it coming." Nick said before walking and continuing, "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes."

I guess Tony had enough, he just upped and left. Steve and I sat at the table for a while before getting up and going to see where Tony was. We found him in what was Loki's cell room. "Was he married?" Steve asked, trying to jump start a conversation. "No. There was a uh...cellist, I think." Tony answered. "I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man." Steve said. "He was an idiot." Tony shook his head, pacing around a bit. "Why? For believing?" Steve asked, walking up to Tony. "For taking on Loki alone." Tony replied, stopping and looking at Steve. "He was doing his job." Steve retorted. "He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have..." Tony sighed. 

"I could have saved him." I said out loud, capturing the attention of the two men. "You were there? Didn't I tell you to stay at the lab? Did Loki do anything to you?" Steve worried, grabbing my shoulders and making me look at him. "No he didn't do anything. I arrived when he was slipping, I could have saved him, but he didn't want to be saved." I sniffled, trying to blink the tears away. "He was stabbed through his heart, there was nothing that you could do Serena. Not unless you were God." Tony said, coming up to me and putting a hand on my shoulder. "You guys don't get it." I shook my head. "Then explain it to us Serena." Steve raised his voice. "Not yet." I answered, shrugging his hands off. 

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?" Steve asked Tony, making him snap back at Steve, "WE ARE NOT SOLDIERS! I am not marching to Fury's fife!" "Neither am I! He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. Right now we've got to put that aside and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source, if we can put together a list." Steve snapped back, calming down near the end. "Tony? Any ideas? Stupid ideas count." I urged him, wrapping my arms around myself as Steve held me by my waist. 

Tony was quiet for a while as he looked at the blood stain. "He made it personal." He started before pacing. "That's not the point." Steve said, loosening his hold on me. "That is the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?" Tony looked at Steve for him to answer. "To tear us apart." Steve answered him. "He had to conquer his greed, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience." Tony explained. "Right, I caught his act at Stuttengard." Steve said, crossing his arms. "Yeah. That's just a preview, this is opening night. Loki's a full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered-" Tony stopped, finally realizing something. 

"Son of a bitch." 

____________________________________

sorry if not movie accurate >.<