My Angel

~Steve's POV~

"Serena." I shook her gently. "Ughm..." She groaned, stuffing into my chest. Her head shot up and I was met with the most beautiful face on the earth, my girlfriend. I'm still trying to get use to calling her that. "You look cute. Oh I'm sorry, that just slipped out." I apologized, feeling my face flush. Serena giggled and moved some of my hair out of my face and told me, "It's alright, it's good to give comments sometimes Steve." "So why'd you wake me up? I'm still like tired." She rubbed her eyes, and laid her head back down on my chest. "It's nearly dinner, and we still gotta clean up." I told her, leaning my head down and kissing her forehead. "I can make it easier and lick the blood of of ya," she smirked mischievously while licking her lips. That action made my heart skip a beat. "Oh crap," she covered her mouth and ducked under the covers, "I'm sorry it just slipped out. Hnnn you're probably creeped out now aren't you?" I chuckled and pulled her out of the covers. "It's just, your blood is different." She sighed, drawing random things on my chest. "How? Isn't blood just blood?" I asked, all confused. 

She dramatically gasped and got up on an elbow, "Blood is not just blood," I gave her a weird look and she laughed, "Well kinda, like the blood of younger people taste better than older people. Alcoholic people's blood tastes really really really bitter for some reason. Also, each person's blood has their own scent and taste. Like generally a group can taste similar but not the same. And I am rambling." She quiet down, covered her mouth and blushed. "But onto the point. Your blood is different, it draws me in. Vampires can't love." When I heard those three words my heart dropped. "Steve, why the long face?" Serena asked me, placing her free hand on my cheek. "You can't love. That means you don't love me." I told her in a sad tone. Serena giggled and rolled her eyes, "You didn't let me finish. Vampires can't love like normal people, they blood mates, which is pretty much a soul mate. The person that completes you, that's the other part of your soul. I'm happy that the heavens gave you as my blood mate." Those words made me smile. 

"I love you Serena." I smiled, pulling her into a hug, in which she returned. "I love you too Steve." She replied, kissing my cheek, making me blush. "Okay, you need to go wash up, you're to tempting." I felt her run her finger tips down my chest and grip the bottom of my shirt. "Is my blood really that good?" I chuckled, pulling back. Serena groaned and took in a deep breath, "Yes, to me yes. You are my perfect match Steve, your blood is like the perfect food to me in a way. At least, that's what my father told me in his letters. But I won't drink or bite from you without your permission, I swear." She looked up at me cutely, making my chuckle. 

"I'll be back in half an hour to get you." I told her before giving her a kiss on the cheek and leaving. 

As I showered, I thought about all that has happened. I mean, after she told us what she is and stuff it was a little hard to take in. I wasn't bothered by the fact that she wasn't human. She was in no way a monster, she's far from it. The thing that gave me shivers though was the fact that my blood 'sang' to her, at least that's what she told me. She could have drained me dry when ever she wanted to, her self control really amazes me. 

I really don't get how she could love me though, I'm so old fashioned and still struggling to understand the simplest of things. I don't get references, I can barely work a cell phone. Heck, I''m surprised that I can even turn a computer on and off and use what they call the internet. Well, I know how to work Google, but that's about it.  

After some time, I got out of the shower and dried myself off and got dressed. I wore some simple blue jeans and a red plaid button up shirt. 

Then I made my way back to Serena's room. I was about to knock but then I saw the note that said 'listening to music, won't hear you knock, so come in.' So I just opened the door and entered her room. She didn't notice me entering because she just kept on singing and doing what ever she was doing at her desk. I didn't want to disturb her, or want her to stop singing so I just sat on her bed and looked at her, watching her mess around with some chemicals as she sang.