My Halves

~Serena's POV~

I hated lying to him. But I have to. I've never felt this way about anyone, and he's the only one that I will ever feel this way for. And there's no way I'm losing him. A few days ago I read my father and mother's letters that they wrote for me just in case they were no longer here. Apparently, vampires have blood mates. Only once in a life time, some don't even get a blood mate. So I'm lucky to even find mine, especially this young. According to the letter, my father didn't find my mom until he was about 2,000 years old. Your blood mate is the only person you will feel an attraction towards, the only person you'll love in an intimate way. A part of me wants to tell Steve, but another part doesn't because of fear. Fear of being rejected, shunned, ostracized, and of becoming a lab rat. 

Minutes after Steve left, there was a knock at my door. "Who could that be?" I thought out loud, walking over to the front door and opening it. "Oh, hey Phil." I smiled, opening the door wider when I saw that it was just Phil. "Thought you were in New Mexico." I said as he walked into my house. "I just returned two hours ago. How have you been doctor?" He replied, sitting down at the island. "Oh please, it's Serena Phil." I chuckled, getting him a glass of water. "Thank you." He smiled, sipping some of it. "So what do I owe this visit?" I got to the point, crossing my arms and looking at him a slight smirk and raised eye brow. "You never did like beating around the bush," he chuckled, putting the glass of water down, "Fury wanted me to give these to you and Steve." Coulson handed me a black rectangular box the size of my palm and a file. "I would love to stay and play catch up, but Fury wants me to go get Stark." Coulson said, standing up. I chuckled and escorted him out the door, "Oh have fun with that. I bet you 10 bucks that you have to override JARVIS' protocols." I bet, holding out my hand. "Deal." Phil kept his smile up and shook my hand, "Well, I shall see you tomorrow at the meeting." And with that, he left.

After Phil left, I snuck out back and snapped my fingers, making my outfit appear on me (pic was in last chapter). I held out my hand and said "Lux," summoning my bow. My bow materialized in my left hand. I look up at the full moon and spread my wings, taking off to the sky and following the scent that had been bothering me the whole day. 'Where are you you bastard...' I thought as I looked around Central Park. "Come out! I know you're there! I can smell you from miles away!" The smell of human decay was hard to miss. "He told me you were sharp, but I didn't think you were this sharp." A man stepped out from behind a statue. "Did my brother send you to drag me back to him?" I scoffed, crossing my arms. "Yes and no. Yes your brother sent me, but no to bringing you back. He wants to chase and hunt you down himself, he just wants a little help from his buddies." The man smirked, baring his fangs at me. 

My eyes changed into a red color as my vampire side surface; I could also feel my top canines elongate into fangs. "Well, as much as I want to stay and have some fun with you, I have to go." The man took off, but I took off after him, catching up with him easily since he was only a quarter vampire. "You can't out run me quarterling." I hissed, swinging my bow at his head, only to have him duck. "Speak for yourself." He threw back. "At least I have a mind of a human and not that of a beast." I snarled, kicking him in the face. He cursed and tackled me down and quickly got up and ran off. "Ain't getting away that easily." I growled lowly, taking off after him. 

I chased him nearly all over the city before he started to slow down. 'Man, good thing people are to afraid to come out at night because of the news, other wise SHIELD would be on my ass by now.' I thought as I continued my pursuit. Soon, we were back in Central Park. "You can run, but you can't hide." I half shouted, pulling the string on my bow back while creating an arrow of light. I quickly aimed at a bush and let the string go, watching the arrow whizz through the air and into the bush. The man cursed and got out of the bush and ran once more. My arrow had grazed his left calf, slowing him down more. 

Soon, I chased him into an alleyway. I think he thought that he was going to get away when he saw the distance between him and I. The guys started to say how my brother was going to reward him and shit which pissed me off a bit. Next thing I knew, I had the guy pinned against the wall with my fangs barred. I released the guy and shot three arrows into his back as he tried to get away, killing him. I didn't have to burn the guy because my arrows are made of light, and light destroys darkness. 

Throughout the alleyway incident, I couldn't help but feel a presence, so I called for them to come out. But when they did, I really did not expect it to be Steve. 'Shit, is he going to recognize me? I have a mask on and all that but there's still a chance he'd find something...' 

~After talking to him~

 I flew to the roof tops and watched as he walked away. 'Crap, I'm suppose to be home.' I dashed across the rooftops until I arrived at my house. I entered my house through the back and snapped my fingers, making my clothes change into what I was wearing before. I jumped onto my couch and turned myself into a human burrito with my blanket before going through the content of the folder that Phil gave me. 

Just as I got done reading the profile of each Avengers member, Steve came back. 

I gave Steve the folder and tablet, and taught him how to use the tablet. As he explored the tablet, I started to think about my secret and Steve before I fell asleep against him. 

_______________________________

Short chapter, it was just Serena's side of last chapter