Love In The Air

~Serena's POV~

"Ah, I was wondering when my little angel was going to visit me." Loki smirked when I walked in. Then, his eyes drifted to Steve who was next to me, "Don't worry soldier, I won't do anything... Yet." Out of the corner of my eye I could see Steve tensing up. "Steve, you okay?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah." He answered flatly, crossing his arms. "Why deny her her answers? That is," Loki looked back at me, "She doesn't know does she?" "Know what?" I asked, looking at Steve who was wide eyed and nervous. "Steve?" I turned to fully face him. "Know what? Steve, what's he talking about?" I asked, looking at him with confused eyes. 

Steve looked like he was having some internal struggle with himself as Loki laughed like the maniac he is. "Oh this is priceless, but you really are blind girl." Loki chuckled, sitting on his bench bed. "Steve, what's Loki talking about?" I pushed, moving so that I was standing in front of him. Steve diverted his eyes from mine and took interest in floor bellow our feet. "Look into his eyes girl. A person's eyes is the window to their soul." Loki smirked, "Or I can tell you what happened, but where's the fun in that when I can watch something unfold before me." "We are not your entertainment Loki." I growled from my chest, grabbing Steve's hand and dragged him to my room. 

"Steve, do you want to tell me what's going on?" I asked, standing in front of him with my arms crossed. "Nothing." Steve replied to me, still refusing to look me in the eyes. "It's not nothing Steve, what's a matter? It's not good to keep things bottled up." I said in a soft voice. "If it could ruin a friendship then it should stay bottled up..." I heard him mumble, but he doesn't know I heard. "Steve, you can tell me anything, you know that right? If you really don't want to tell me then that's fine, but if Loki can get you riled up like that by just mentioning it then I feel like you should tell someone." I told him, sitting down on my bed and looking up at him.

I watched as Steve sigh and walk towards my door. "I'm just not ready to talk about it yet, but didn't you want to tell me something?" He said, turning back and looking at me with those charming blue eyes of his. "Oh uhm, up at the mountain, he uhm..." I wanted to get it out of myself, but I couldn't for some reason. 'Is it because I'm afraid of him being disgusted with me? Rejecting me?' The questions made me rethink my decision of telling him. "He what?" He asked in a low voice that gave me shivers. I could see that he was getting upset as he was waiting for me to continue. "He... Umm... He was standing up so I shoved him back down, but then he pulled me back down with him and clawed at my back, hurting me... But then he brushed his lips against my ear and told me to think of it as pleasure instead of pain, and I think he would have done more if I didn't head butt him and got away." I couldn't help the tears that flowed out of my eyes and down my cheeks as I thought back tot he event. 

Shuddering, I wrapped my arms around myself. "What you mean done more? Like touch you inappropriately?" Steve's anger was apparent now. "Can we drop this, I don't want to talk about this anymore..." I frowned slightly, flinching when Steve wrapped his strong, muscly arms around me, pulling my tiny frame into a hug. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to stop him. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, that I wasn't there to protect you." He apologized as he held me. "Steve, you have nothing to be sorry for, there was nothing that you could do, you had to help Tony. Don't blame yourself for any of it, you couldn't have possibly known that he was going to do that." I told him, wrapping my arms around his torso. "I should have never let you come along, then none of this would have happened... Even so, I still should have been there for you. If only I had been faster, then I could have grabbed you when I saw Loki grab you. I could have been with you. I could have protected you." He said, burying is face into my hair. "Steve, I chose to come along. Don't blame yourself. Now, drop it, it's in the past, we can't do anything about it, but we can do something about the present and future." I told him, snaking my hands up to his face and holding it and lifting it up so that he was looking at me. 

Steve and I looked into each others eyes. "Serena, I have something to tell you. Just promise me that we will stay friends no matter what." He said nervously, placing his hand over my hand that was still on his cheek. My heart started to beat faster than it was, if that's even possible, as my face felt like it was almost burning. "I promise." I said in a shaky voice, and I started breathing faster. 

"Ever since I met you when I opened that car door, I have been captivated by you. You make me feel happy, no matter what I'm feeling, every time I see your face it just lights up my world, you make all my worries go away. You make me feel like I belong. You've put up with me for nearly the past two months, never once did you ever show any signs of giving up on me or got frustrated with me. Every time I see you my heart flutters. At first I didn't really understand it because I was still holding onto Peggy and refused to admit that I was feeling something for you. But now, I can see that I love you, not her. Serena Ace, I love you. Will you go steady with me? Err will you be my girlfriend?" Steve asked, looking at me all worried and cutely. I giggled and smiled, blushing a lot more than I already was. But then reality hit me, my secret. What was he going to think of me when he finds out? "You don't feel the same way do you?" He asked sadly, looking down at the ground. "No no no, that's not it," I lifted his head a bit so he would look at me again, "It's just that, I'm just afraid. There's something about me that no one knows, and I want to tell you. But I'm afraid." "Serena, even if you were some Hydra agent, I would still love you. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can change the way I feel about you. You don't have to tell me right away if you don't feel comfortable, and I don't want to push you to tell me if you don't want to yet." Steve is the sweetest guy ever. I feel bad for Peggy because she missed out on all this hunky goodness. But then again, if she was with him then I wouldn't be. 

"Yes." 

________________________________________________

A little shorter chapter sorry sorry