Chapter 35

"Stop!" The gate guards halted the trespasser who was dressed in a black cloak with red clouds decorated on it. The infamous Akatsuki's signature cloak.

Izumo and Kotetsu were alarmed, seeing the criminal wanting to enter their village. However, why would he allow himself to be caught so easily? Certainly, he would know walking through the main entrance meant meeting the guards; thus, exposing his unwelcome presence.

His onyx eyes gazed at the pair without any emotion. Both of them gulped nervously, they knew they were no match for this S-class criminal, a prodigy of a noble clan.

"I must see the Hokage." He stated.

"What business do you have with him?" Kotetsu inquired.

The other said, "We will not allow you to pass through!"

Both of them got their weapons out and prepared to fight the Uchiha, but they were stopped by the pink haired heiress.

"Hold." She ordered. "I received instructions to escort him to the Hokage's office."

"A-Alright." They muttered, wondering what the Hokage wanted from the criminal. They also doubted the man, fearing for the worst. What if this was a trap and he would attack the Hokage when she least expects it? But they looked at the pinkette and thought if anything happens, she would intercept. Moreover, she has more of a fighting chance compared to the both of them combined.

The criminal walked past them and stepped on the ground of the Leaf Village. He slowly walked towards Sakura who wore a mask of impassiveness. She turned around on her heels and headed for the red tower. His eyes trailed after the large sword strapped onto her back; for all the years he had known her, he never knew she was one to carry such a large tool as it can be annoying. Sakura loved agility, but wouldn't that weapon hinder her? Well, he did leave the village, her, for so many years. People change.

Now that her back is facing him, he could scan the weapon in detail. He had seen it back when they met in Jomae Village, but he was far too fixated on his task at hand which he failed in. He shrugged at the thought, unhappy about his first failure.

The pinkette looked at him over her shoulders, "I don't know what business you have with Lord Hokage, but don't try anything funny."

He only stared at her as a response, something he had always done since forever. He was never one to talk.

She knew that look, that he agreed with her. Sakura returned her gaze onto the streets and greeted the villagers who smiled at her.

"Ah, good morning, Lady Sakura!"

"Good morning!"

"Oh dear, good morning honey."

The villagers were much friendlier to her compared to the members of her clan. She managed a tiny ghost of a smile when she nodded in acknowledgement and occasionally saying a simple 'good morning'.

When they moved their eyes to Sakura's company however, they shivered in fear. Not a lot of them know about criminals, but the aura he gave out was quite intimidating. His onyx orbs stared down at them, but he was thinking about the pinkette. She had grown and the people loved her, respected her; he wished the same for himself but he has taken another route for the sake of the village and the entire world.