Chapter 17

The team walked silently while focusing on their surroundings. It was late in the evening, but they decided to work in the night since they had enough rest earlier. They needed one more gem, just one more and they could pass the exam. That is of course, if they reach the tower on time. The sky finally became dark and their surroundings were only illuminated by the moonlight. The range they could see was very limited, except Sasuke and Neji who owns the Sharingan and Byakugan respectively. Sakura could only count on her petals, but she felt safe enough with those petals. If she were to fight in the dark while solely depending on these petals, it would be difficult. She has never fought like that before but this gives her the idea to train in such situations so she would be ready if it happens in the future.

"There are a lot of...creatures around us." She was not sure what to call them, but they were certainly not humans.

"I see them too." The boys said simultaneously.

"I don't think you will like them, Sakura." Neji said seriously.

"What are they?"

Neither of the guys needed to answer for her to find out. She already saw it. It was a huge millipede crawling around the tree and it sent shivers down her spine. She was so disgusted—and afraid. A talented kunoichi she is, but she's a kunoichi, a girl. She looked around and they were surrounded by huge insects and pesticides. Her body moved on its own; it backed away until her back knocked the Sasuke's shoulder.

The tigers were ready to transform as they growled at the creatures.

"Are they going to attack us?" Sasuke asked.

"They aren't doing anything yet.."

Sakura fell into silence as she stared at her fears. If she had a choice, she would face Orochimaru again than these things.

"Let's move slowly.." The Uchiha ordered quietly as though the creatures could hear them. They rest of the team nodded and paced slowly while keeping their eyes on the creatures. She was more afraid of the one thing that might pop up and she knew there were more.

A familiar and terrifying sound vibrated in the air and the pinkette freaked out. It was so much louder and simply terrifying. It was out of this world! An enormous cockroach flew above their heads.

Sakura let out a piercing scream and held onto Sasuke for dear life.

The awful insect headed towards them and Sasuke yelled, "FUCK. RUN!" He carried the pinkette and dashed off with the Hyuga who scooped up the three tigers in his arms.

Aka and Raimu hopped out of his arms.

"Aka! Raimu!"

They transformed into their mature size the boys rode on the tigers. Sumire looked at Sakura worriedly; she was still freaked out, especially when all those things were chasing them. Tears pooled in her eyes, she closed her eyes shut, not wanting to see those fearsome creatures anymore.

Sasuke turned around and did some simple hand signs.

"Fire Style: Dragon Fire!"

A stream of fire escaped from his mouth and it took the form of a dragon. It shot up to the gigantic cockroach, then flew down to the other pests. The cockroach burned in flames and it dropped onto the ground, crushing the other giant creatures.

The team flew far away from them until they came across a team from the village hidden in the rain. It was time for another battle so quickly. Sakura was still trembling from the incident before, so the Uchiha placed her on Aka's back.

"Nice pets." The man wearing a black cloak said.

Neji got down from Raimu and joined Sasuke facing their opponents.