Chapter 37

The pair of Jounins arrived in the Land of Wind within three days; they patrolled around the outskirts of the hidden village, ensuring the bodyguards would not notice their presence. It was late afternoon when they reached, so the sun was close to setting. Orange and pink covered the darkening sky like mists, it's colours reflected on the field of fine sand.

"I'll bury some cherry blossom flowers around the village, so I can keep track of anyone going in or out on foot or underground." The pinkette informed.

Sasuke nodded, "I'll prepare a place for us to rest in."

The both of them worked diligently. Since this is a desert, there was nowhere they could hide in. The Uchiha casted a genjutsu in a small area where they would reside in, he proceeded to build a tent that would protect them from mild sandstorms. Their era's technology has not reached that kind of standard as of yet.

When Sakura returned from her task, she suddenly felt a weird sensation. Her surrounding was a little blurry and it did not feel natural.

This is a genjutsu! She thought, suddenly alarmed. Even Sumire hopped onto the ground, ready for some action.

"Release!" Once the illusion barrier broke, she nearly facepalmed.

It was just Sasuke's genjutsu. He snickered at her for falling for his trap. A light blush dusted her cheeks in embarrassment as she shifted her gaze elsewhere.

==

He ran.

He ran and ran and ran.

With maximum speed and without rest, he ran even faster and broke his all time record. Blood dripped down his forehead as his body ached and full of bruises. Blood oozed our from his wounds but he continued to run. He barely escaped from being killed by the criminal organisation.

He fell for his trap.

He fell for their trap.

He regretted everything, he should have known that he was suspected and all was confirmed when he stepped foot into the Leaf Village. They knew all along.

All their plans were ruined, they will surely be caught off-guard. With most of the village's strongest ninjas away, this was the perfect opportunity to attack his home.

Faster! Itachi internally shouted to himself.

A branch broke beneath his feet as he paid it no mind, he only had one aim and that is to warn the Hokage.

The mastermind behind Akatsuki, Madara, was smarter than they gave him credit for. He certainly was not careless. This was all a trap.

Itachi has no clue what the Akatsuki are planning at that moment.

==

"Your kekkei genkai is quite handy when it comes to sensory jutsu." The ravenette suddenly commented while rubbing Aka's belly as the little cub purred.

"Yeah. Honestly, my clan's kekkei genkai isn't specially strong, but our advantage is the flexibility of our chakra nature." She replied. "Cherry blossoms can be moulded into any shapes and forms, changing it's characteristics and enhancing it with chakra would lead to various possibilities of techniques."

Sasuke's eyes widened in admiration. "Wow. Your clansmen must have a wide range of positions in a battle."

She nodded, "That is true. Hence, members who inherited the kekkei genkai usually focuses on one field and excels in it. For example, my mother implemented medical ninjutsu into her cherry blossoms. She created a jutsu which skips the procedure of stitching and using the flower petals to close the wound."