Chapter 23

Gaara appeared from the top of the beast's head. His pupils were gone, only showing the whites of his eyes.

"Thank you for entertaining me so far. In return, I'll show you the true power of the manifestation of the sand." He sounded like an insane person as he said it.

He muttered something to himself while holding a hand sign; suddenly, the giant beast became lively.

"Yeah!! I'm finally free, baby!" It shouted.

Disgust painted across Neji's face. "Are all Tailed Beasts like that?"

"Beating that giant thing is impossible!" Sasuke said as he stared up.

Sakura sighed, "Even the 4th Hokage gave up his life trying to stop the Nine-Tailed Fox." She gazed at the beast sadly, "If only I'm stronger."

"We need a strategy, but-"

Shukaku interrupted the Hyuga, "Hey, what are y'all doin' there? Scared?" It laughed and swung its huge arm at the trio.

The white tigress stood in front of them and punched her front paws onto the ground. Giant crystals that shined under the moonlight cracked open the surface of the ground and formed a barrier that looks similar to a fan. When the beast's hand came in contact with the crystals, it cracked, but protected all of them from being swept away.

The beast was a bit surprised and it wasn't happy about it. The sand spirit's hand hit the crystal carrier again and successfully broke it. The huge pieces flew towards them but Raimu gathered all of them into it's mouth before shooting the pieces like bullets to the monster.

Much to their dismay, it did no harm to the beast. Shukaku laughed at how weak the trio were.

"None of our jutsus will do anything on something that huge." Sakura stated.

He sighed, "Even so, we can't give up. The village is counting on us."

The Hyuga thought silently with his chin resting on his hand. He recalled their fight before the sand spirit grew into this giant monster.

"Sakura, how was your fight with Gaara before we arrived?"

She closed her eyes as she tried to remember. "Temari, Kankuro and I joined forces to attack him straight on, but he easily blocked the attack and swung his arms at us. While they distracted him, I chopped off his tail before trapping him in my jutsu. His tail is like his third arm."

"Then his tail should be his weakness." Neji concluded. "Remember Sasuke? You burned his tail and his sand immediately melted."

"You could be right." The Uchiha agreed.

"We'll use the trees to hide us. Go!" Neji ordered.

All three prodigies rode on their tigers as they head for the beast's tail. Meanwhile, Shukaku turned his head everywhere to look for them.

"Have y'all ran away?" It bellowed. "So pathetic!"

Sakura grabbed her arm in pain, her wound felt like it was in fire. The tigress stopped and purred in worry, trying to turn it's head back to look at the injury; but the pinkette pat her head and said, "It's fine, let's go." Sumire nodded and continued her journey.

She rubbed the blood off her eyes to have a clearer vision. The boys were already ahead of her, but not too far. They reached the beast's back cautiously, careful not to be slapped by its tail that was moving around as the beast talked to himself.

He's one talkative Tailed Beast. Sakura thought and recalled two of her classmates who were equally as annoying.

"Let's attack the start of the tail together in full force." Sasuke suggested.