Chapter 20

As soon as the pinkette reaches home and met her father on the front door, she was reminded of the conversation she had with her teammates. What Sasuke had said to her about the secret behind Lady Sakura's legacy. She placed Sumire on the floor and asked her to not roam too far away. For the first time in a very long time, she initiated a talk with the head of the Haruno clan.

"Father, I would like to speak with you."

He was a little taken aback by Sakura's request, but nodded and had her follow him to his room. He sat in his seat and Sakura sat in front of him with a table in between.

"What would you like to talk about?"

She raised her head and spoke, "Its about Lady Sakura."

His eyebrows furrowed, "What about Lady Sakura?"

She hesitated at first, but went ahead to ask him anyway. "Is there another reason I must be named Sakura Haruno? Why is it important-"

The sound of her father placing his tea cup on the table interrupted her list of questions that she had in mind for a long time.

"Why are you suddenly interested in the affairs of the Haruno clan?"

Point taken. Sakura never inquired about the Haruno clan. She had always hated her fate to be born in a strict noble clan with little to no freedom. But she had always been curious, it's just she never had the guts to ask. Interacting with the man she was never fond of is something she wants to avoid as much as she could.

She dodged the question by pointing out that it's an information she should know above everybody else. "Don't you think it is only right for me to know? As the Sakura Haruno." This was something nobody else should learn about and yet Sasuke seemed to know more than she did. Moreover, it was that Itachi who shared the information, a defect from their village.

He looked down at her with a pair of cold eyes. "It isn't time for you to know yet. Return to your quarters."

His decision was final and nobody could change his mind.

Sakura furrowed her eyebrows, she was not satisfied. She wanted to know, but he wouldn't give her an answer. She huffed. Fine, mother would tell me.

The heiress searched the house for her blonde haired mother and found her in the kitchen.

"Mother!"

She turned around and smiled at the sight of her believed daughter.

"My darling, you've returned! How was the exam?"

"It was great, mother. There's something I would like to ask you."

Her mother wiped her hands on her apron and hung it on the wall. She ushered the pinkette to the dining table and held her hands in hers.

"What is it, love?"

Sakura smiled at her mother, she's the only person who was kind to her in the clan aside from her older brother who left the village for a long-term mission.

"Do you know what is so important about my birth as Lady Sakura's descendant?"

Her mother's face paled and her smile dropped.

"I'm sorry love, it's better if you don't know about it. Your father will take care of it, don't worry."

"I have been educated to be the successor of the Haruno clan and following the legacy of Sakura Haruno, but why isn't anyone telling me about her?"

Her mother's gaze softened, "Honey, everyone is conflicted between the their loyalty for the clan and the secret behind your ancestor. Please don't blame anyone, especially your father. He doesn't want you to be in danger."

Tears pooled in the pinkette's eyes as frustration was all she felt. Nobody would tell her about the secret behind her name, and the father who had treated her badly is suddenly a good man who protects his daughter? She does not understand what's happening in the clan and she could not release all the frustration she has pent up inside.

She stomped out of the room and headed to her bedroom. She packed her clothes and left to Sasuke's house, not forgetting to bring Sumire along. The reason being the Uchiha compound is close to a forest, it makes training much convenient. She could care less about the controversy that may arise.

The Hyuga also joined the pinkette in Sasuke's house. They stayed in the Uchiha compound for a month until the final round of the Chunnin exam. Living together maximises their training time.

Despite deciding to focus on complimenting each other's powers, they learned how to combine their chakras because of the knowledge Kakashi had learned from the ancient scrolls. Apparently, there were a lot of theories on how to perform in the ancient scrolls, so they tried everything out and succeeded. It took them two weeks to figure it out. All they had to do was connect their hands, focus their chakra on their hands and make the hand signs.

Their challenge was the hand signs. They could not move their hands as fast as they want to because the other party has a different speed. It would need a lot of practice to be fluent in conducting the hand signs for just one jutsu.

Sasuke had been acting weird for the past few days in the tiniest ways. His teammates were worried about him, so they decided to bring it up to the Uchiha.

"Sasuke." Sakura called.

"Yes?"

"What is wrong? You seem bothered."

He faked a smile, "Oh, nothing."

"Please, tell us. We are worried about you." Neji said. "You seem a little out of it these days."

The ravenette sighed, "I'm afraid that I would turn into a rogue ninja.."

"Because there's a defect in most of the previous teams?" Sakura asked in which the Uchiha nodded to.

"Don't worry you Uchiha, we will not let you." Neji assured.

The pinkette grabbed his shoulder, "Exactly, we will use everything in our power to stop you. Just trust us."

"I'll drag you and lock you in your closet if you even think about." Neji pointed to himself.

Sasuke smiles softly, "Thank you..."

Sakura kicker both of their legs, "Enough with the cheesy talks, we have an exam to pass AND we have to become stronger than Sasuke in case he attempts to defect from the village."

From behind a tree, a silver haired ninja smiled behind his mask. His confidence in his team grew.

They'll probably end with a happy ending.

He looked at his students train.

They are my pride as a teacher.

Even though they have yet to rank up, he's very proud of the three fresh Genins.

==

Dedicated to lillybelle23 for following me and adding this story to your reading list!

Published: December 2014
Rewritten: 9 May 2018