Chapter 11

When the Konoha team entered the clearing, they were met with a team from the village Hidden in the Sound. All three of them noticed the intruders and the man in the middle spoke, "I see we have our first opponent."

"Introduce yourselves." Neji ordered.

The man in the lead was covered in bandages, leaving only his left eye visible. "I'm Dosu. He is Zaku, and this is Kin." He said, gesturing at the two behind him.

"Neji." Neji pointed to himself with his thumb.

"Sakura." Sakura said next.

"Sasuke." He continued.

"How about one on one? Girls versus girls,
while we choose our opponent?" Zaku suggested with a triumphant grin. It was way too early to determine who'll leave in victory.

Sasuke smirked, "Sounds good."

"I'm taking you then." Dosu said as he kept his eyes on the Hyuga.

"Fine by me."

"Which leaves us." The other guy concluded with Sasuke in his sight.

They separated into three pairs, each pair looking for a spacious place for battle. Sakura didn't need a lot of space to fight her opponent, so she settled for a space without a lot of trees. The area was about the size of her room.

Her opponent, Kin, launched a surprised attack, thinking it would catch Sakura off-guard, but she was wrong. She shot needles to the pinkette's direction, there were little bells attacked on the end of each needle. Unfortunately, Sakura hasn't been in a good mood ever since her encounter with Kisame. Time was not something she wants to waste. She decided to show no mercy and did hand signs.

"So quickly to resort to ninjutsu?" The lady smirked, thinking it was an act of cowardice.

"Cherry Blossom Release: A Thousand Swords"

With Kin's poor ability, she wouldn't be capable enough to escape Sakura's cherry blossoms. She was sliced deeply by it. Blood spilled and littered everywhere; if she doesn't get treatment soon, she would die from blood loss.

Surrendering to her good heart, the pinkette decided to stop her bleeding and wrapped her up with bandages. While doing so, she took the chance to examine her body for the gemstone, but found none. She left Kin in the ground and looked for the other two.

Neji was the first person she found, he was already done with Dosu.

"You are strong.." The one eyed man croaked out, he took out a gemstone from his pocket and threw it to the Hyuga heir. Sakura would have healed him, but she decided against it because his condition was not critical.

"We got it! Now to look for Sasuke." She said with a smile.

By the time they found the said Uchiha, both of Zaku's arms were fractured. 'Oops' was all the ravenette said.

The three hopped further away and stopped to track for opponents. They talked for a bit, easing the tension in the air.

"You went too far, breaking his arms like that." Sakura muttered.

Sasuke responded, "You're just too soft."

"Well, it wasn't necessary." If she didn't have her eyes closed, she would have rolled her eyes. Closing her eyes only sharpens her senses with her cherry blossom tracker.

"At least we got the gems from them, losing to them would be a humiliation." Neji said while scanning the forest as far as he could.

"Yeah, they weren't that strong anyway." This was the second time Sasuke talked so much in a short time period, the first time being when Sakura was injured and the two boys tried to cheer her up. It was certainly new to them, but it was a sight pleasant to behold. "We'll ace is this exam if the other participants are that weak."

"Careful, overconfidence might get you killed." Sakura warned.

Before Sasuke could retort, he caught sight of three figures headed towards them. "We have a team coming towards our direction."

"I sensed them. 4 o'clock. In 15 minutes."

Neji turned to the direction, getting a clearer picture.

"Oh, we know that group." He said in a disappointed tone.

After exactly 15 minutes, the team emerged from the shadows of the trees.

The first word from them was, "Troublesome.." He sighed. "This team of all teams?"

"Ah, Sasuke-kun" The girl squealed in glee and attempted to be sexy by letting her hair down, but failed miserably. Both boys of Sakura's team showed zero interest. "Why ain't my sexiness working?!" She huffed.

Sakura, being very done with her, said, "Because this is a fight."

==

Dedicated to happypanda2005 for voting on this story!

If you're a K-Pop fan, I have written a few K-Pop stories in a separate account: Joelleeeee_  Which includes BTS, GOT7, MONSTA X, BOYFRIEND, SEVENTEEN and EXO. NCT is coming soon!

Currently I'm working on a series. It's an apply fic, so please do check it out!

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/147141435

~Joelle

Published: December 2014Rewritten: 5 May 2018

Rewritten: 5 May 2018