Chapter 38

Standing in front of the duo was a puppet with a large iron tail. According to the bingo book, this man is named Hiruko; a puppet master who defected from the Sand Village. Sasuke removed the scroll from the messenger's leg and read it before allowing the eagle to fly.

Return to the village immediately.

"We are to return to the village." He simply said.

The heiress turned to him with a curious look. "So quickly??" Then, she returned her gaze on the puppeteer. "But we have company."

Hiruko's mouth opened, impatient from waiting too long for the two to start fighting. A rain of needles shot out from his mouth as the Jounins dodged every blow, using a kunai to deflect the needles.

"Sasuke, stay back!" The said guy obeyed and the heiress proceeded with her jutsu. "Cherry Blossom Storm!"

A blizzard of pink flowers and petals surrounded the area and battled with the needles, quickly overpowering them and headed towards the puppeteer. Hiruko attempted to block her attack with his tail made of steel, but the wave was too strong. While his tail did succeed in blocking the flowers as strong as iron, it attacked from all sides, too quick and heavy to dodge; they eventually broke his shell, bursting into a wave of dust. Debris cleared the area, revealing a rather small figure with scarlet hair.

"This is the real face of Sasori?" Sakura whispered, wondering to herself how such a young man was able to join the infamous Akatsuki. He must be extremely talented.

"Let's not waste anymore time. I'll show you my best collection." He said, unrolling a scroll. In a puff of smoke, a puppet appeared with a familiar face. The two Jonins stared at it, dumbfounded.

"You killed the Kazekage." Sasuke said sternly with his fists clenched. "It is our duty to capture you and bring justice to the village's leader."

"Wrong." He smirked. "The one who killed him was Orochimaru."

"No matter what, I'm sure you had a hand in this!" Sakura yelled.

"Then come and take me out." Sasori proudly exclaimed, shooting his puppet forward, revealing large knives on his right arm, aiming for the pinkette. Sumire transformed and covered her body in purple crystals, defending her master. The force of the puppet managed to push her back but it gave Sakura time to escape; however, the puppet's left arm divided into a few compartments, each blade covered in thick chakra and hundreds of puppet arms shot out. It moved like a large snake, snaking it's way in the air and lunges at the Haruno. With her sword, she chopped off the arms and escaped the area.

The arms burst into flames as Sasuke set it on fire upon seeing the attempt of shooting poison smoke with his Sharingan. They can't afford to be poisoned without an antidote, nor do they have any time or materials to make one—not that Sasuke knows how to anyway, neither is Sakura a medial ninja. She only learned really basic things from her mother.

The Kazekage puppet opened his mouth, black dust escaping in spontaneous patterns. "Iron sand rain!" He uttered.

The black dust turned into bullets, as it headed towards the duo, they ran towards the enemy as well. Swiftly dodging the bullets, it was nothing to them. Before they could get any closer to the puppeteer, the iron sand formed into large shapes. Aka and Sumire pushed it to the side, avoiding such tools to hinder the duo's victory. It was so easy, perhaps the puppeteer wasn't that strong after all. No, Sakura thought. There must be something.