Chapter 16

"Guys! I found a gem!" Sasuke shouted from the river.

"I'm a girl! Not a guy!" Sakura yelled back while walking towards him.

"I don't know if I should be ecstatic or disappointed." Neji sighed. "Aside from the encounter with Orochimaru, the test has been too easy."

The two of them brushed off Neji's suspicion and optimistically thought this would benefit them in terms of saving energy. Sakura stepped into the cold water after slipping off her sandals. She joined Sasuke near the rocks and bent down. Sure enough, there was a gem sandwiched in between the large rocks.

"Do you see it?"

"Yeah!" The pinkette answered in excitement and inserted her hand in the gaps. She managed to pull out the gemstone and kept it in her pouch. "We have four gems in total. Just one more and we can pass this test."

"It's just the second day, but we have collected so many." Sasuke commented.

The Hyuga walked over to the river with his hands resting on his hip. "That's what I'm saying. They gave us seven days, but we have so many just by the second day."

Sakura sighed, "We might be overanalysing things you know?"

"That's true, but this feels odd."

"Anyhow, lets get the fifth gem first." Sasuke concluded.

SPLASH!

A wave of water splashed the pinkette, soaking her clothes and her hair was dripping wet. She shook in anger and growled, "Who the heck is responsible for this..?"

She turned to her side and saw a very pale Hyuga looking at her and swallowed a gulp.

"NEJI HYUGA!" She screamed, kicking water back at him.

The team began a playing in the water like little kids, earning the childhood memories they never had. They ran around chasing each other with two handful of water, forgetting the exam that was going on and the misfortunate encounter with an evil Sannin. Although this was an exam, but they made memories. Pleasant memories that they will cherish forever.

They retreated into a cave, not forgetting to bring the fishes they caught. They built a bonfire inside the cave and dried their clothes. The boys and the girl were separated by a curtain of their clothes as it hung on a string from a wall to the opposite wall.

"So much for finding the last gem."

"We still have more than enough time to get one." Neji assured the heiress.

"What about your suspicions regarding this exam?" The Uchiha asked.

He answered, "No point thinking about it when we really don't know what to expect."

A blast of cold wind hit them, but the boys had it harder. Sakura was in the inner part of the cave with a curtain blocking her. It was raining heavily and the noise became louder because of the echo.

"Great, now we really can't look for the gem now without getting wet." Sakura muttered.

"Just our luck, and it's freezing in here." Sasuke sighed.

Neji shifted himself to the fire, "Come closer to the fire." Sasuke followed suit.

"What about me? I'm not showing you my barely covered body." Sakura said.

Sasuke teased, "Hah, well too bad." That was the first time he teased her. The other two prodigies were happy to see him opening up to them.

Even so, that would not stop the pinkette from sending him a glare.