Chapter 18

Sakura laid on her back while staring at the ceiling with Sumire beside her head.

"Konoha's Prodigies huh?"

She closed her eyes while reminiscing about the time her team had a meeting with the Hokage not long after their team was announced.

"As this year's trio prodigies, I must let you know of the responsibilities all of you must carry." The Hokage said very seriously. "None of us are sure if you are the trio mentioned in the prophecy but nontheless, all of you must maintain a positive and healthy mindset. In the previous teams, all of them never failed to leave only two behind."

Kakashi clenched his fists as he relived the memory of his team.

Obito.

"Your sensei relates with this very deeply as the failed trio prodigies. His teammate died during a mission because one one selfish decision from a man with an unhealthy mind."

The Jounin hung his head low, he was ashamed of what had happened then.

"Aside from that, the trio prodigies in the prophecy is the key to the world's future. Many suspect a war to break out and the trio would determine which side wins." He stood up from his seat and made eye contact with each member of team TP. "While this moment feels like you won't betray the village, the course of action in the future may attempt to bring you astray. If you aren't the trio from the prophecy, something or someone will pull one of you out in one way or another. The only way to counter it, is to protect each other and create a strong bond."

The Hokage sat on his seat again and this time, he only looked into the pinkette's eyes. "Typically, the burden is heaviest on the only girl of the team because both men will fall for you and one wrong decision may destroy everybody's future. So think carefully."

Sakura sighed. As though the burden she carries as Lady Sakura's descendant was not heavy enough, she has to be a prodigy. She grunted out loud, stirring Sumire in her sleep. Which would be the right decision? It's impossible to figure it out.

As soon as Kakashi left the team, he headed for the room where the Hokage resided in.

Those cubs.. Those are the rare tiger-nins, known to attack everyone they see.

His eyebrows furrowed. He was worried for his team and wished it wasn't true, but fate can't be changed.

He knocked on the door, "Hokage-sama."

"Come in, Kakashi."

He entered the room and went straight to the point, "Hokage-sama, I have reasons to believe the prophecy is coming true. My team, each of them owns a tiger-nin."

The Hokage's eyebrows raised in shock.

"How did they get their hands on them? They are known to be almost difficult to tame."

"I don't know. There were three cubs following them when I met them earlier."

"No one from history was known to own tiger-nins." The Hokage sighed and thought for awhile. "If those three are from the prophecy, then Orochimaru will be our for all of them. Not as just his vessels, but his pawns. We must increase security and protect them at all cost."

"Noted. I'll take my leave now." He bowed before leaving the room.

The trio prodigies stayed in the tower for four more days. They took that time to get to know their tigers better and trained in a smaller scale for a bit. Once the second phase was over, all teams were told to gather in the hall. Apparently, only four teams made it in time with a complete set of gemstones.