Chapter 1

Sakura Haruno, the heiress of the Haruno clan; the only clan with ninjas that are possible to have cherry blossom as their chakra nature. Only a selected few in the clan has such an ability. Sakura as the heiress is of course one of them and beyond that, she has the same shade of pink hair as the founder of Haruno clan which reserves the right to be named Sakura Haruno. It was a rule passed down from generations to generations; the elders believed that Sakura Haruno has the pure blood of Lady Sakura.

Being a noble is tough, but being a royalty in a noble clan is even tougher. It is inevitable that there will be extremely high expectations of one, not only must one be strong, but one must be very disciplined and well-behaved as well. Every one of them must walk on eggshells, especially in this generation where a trio prodigy will be arranged.

Sakura understood this and she knew she would be one of them, it is a known fact that a woman's sixth sense is sharp. She loves freedom, she wants it, but she cannot have it even when the sky crashes down. There she stood in front of her full-length mirror, staring at her own reflection and softly combing her pink hair in the shade of what brought her a greater burden as the descendant of Lady Sakura.

A polite knock came from her wooden sliding door. "Sakura-hime, Kizashi-sama requests your presence." A man said in that familiar voice; Kizashi's right hand man. Kizashi is from the main house of the Haruno branch in Konoha.

"Hai."

She walked to her father's room in a quiet pace and knocked the door just as softly.

"Come in." He ordered with his usual arrogant voice.

"You requested for me, Otou-sama?"

"Yes, I am aware that today will be the day where the trio prodigies will be announced so therefore there are things I must remind you of."

Sakura slightly frowned at the choice of words her father used. It's not only the trio prodigies, father. All the new ninjas will have their teams announced as well, you speak of them so lightly. She replied to her father in her mind, not daring to say it aloud because it would definitely enrage him.

"Sakura, you are carrying the name of Sakura Haruno. You are a legacy and soon might be the prophecy of the trio prodigies. Behave yourself and be the best of the best. You cannot risk anything that effects your name, our clan and Lady Sakura. You hold a very big responsibility, Sakura."

"Hai, Otou-sama. I understand. I will think before each and every word and action, I must prioritise my name, our clan, the name and pride of Lady Sakura." She repeated the words she has been saying ever since she was a child, it was kept in the back of her mind, at the tips of her fingers.

"Very well, you may go now."

"Hai." She left the room in relief after giving him a deep bow as a sign of respect to the Head of the Haruno clan of Konoha.

As soon as she left his room, she headed to the academy while recalling all the times she spent with her father; not a really family-type of quality time. Her father has been heavily pressuring her about the responsibilities of being the heiress, the Sakura Haruno. All the memories of them together are training and lecturing. Most would think it is great pleasure to be born a noble, but almost always she wishes to be just a normal civilian.

On her way to the academy, she met her "unofficial" cousin, Shikamaru. He is from the Nara clan, also one of the prodigies. Although they are from different clans, they are cousins by blood because her mother's sister married into the Nara clan which is Shikamaru's mother. This is how things work between some noble clans. The main house—heir especially—must be married to someone of the same clan. The only way one can marry someone from another clan is when the other person is unable to inherit the signature techniques of the clan; thus, that person will be banished by their original clan to enter a different family.