Chapter 19

"Okay, Sumire. Show us what you can do." Sakura said as she stood in front of the tigress.

Sumire purred and turned to her mature size. She moved away from the team and slammed her paw on the ground. A trail of purple coloured crystals shot up from the ground.

The team was astounded by such a feat. Usually, animal-nins collaborate with their owners in performing a jutsu or any other skill. It is rarely seen that an animal-nin can use ninjutsu independently.

"Crystal release. I've never seen animals with chakra natures.." Kakashi frowned. "It is a special kekkei genkai that very few shinobi has."

Sakura walked to the crystals and tapped on it. She raised her arm and poured all her energy into her fist, then she punched a huge piece of crystal; but she only yelped in pain and the crystal was left unscathed.

"Aka." Sasuke ordered.

He turned to his adult size and ran for the tree. He raised its paws and tapped a few trees. Those trees exploded behind Aka as he calmly walked to the group.

"Amazing!" Sasuke complimented with a proud smile. "Good job, Aka."

It was heartwarming to see Sasuke being affectionate with his companion.

"Explosion release only exists in Iwagakure but it's rarely seen even for them." The Jounin said.

Neji looked at the tiger with black fur, he already transformed and was ready to perform. He jumped a few feet away from them and roared, but nothing happened.

"Raimu?"

The silver-haired ninja walked over to the tiger and did a couple of handsigns before tapping Raimu's throat. "This may allow him to talk our language for awhile."

"Attack me." The tiger said. The three prodigies were stunned for a moment, it isn't everyday they hear an animal speak. It felt weird to them.

"Sakura, you have the honours." Neji said.

The said girl pointed to herself, "Me??" He nodded. "Okay.. I'm sorry if I hurt him.."

"Cherry Blossom Release: Raging Cherry Blossoms!"

A heavy shower of cherry blossom flowers were shot from the pinkette's mouth. Raimu opened its mouth and absorbed the flowers; then, he turned around and blew the attack to the trees. Sakura's eyes widened in shock.

She was not the only one. Kakashi could not believe his eyes. "That's..dark release, shade style. It only exists in legends..."

Neji was proud with Raimu, he did a great job and his chakra nature will be very useful in battles. They definitely will have the upper hand in a fight.

"They truly are the legendary tiger-nins. Truthfully, nobody knows about much them because they don't usually roam in places with minimum human concentration. They were believed as myths, but Third Hokage was one of the few people who encountered them."

"To think that these tigers have rare chakra natures..." The Hyuga trailed off.

Kakashi nodded, "With proper training, they will become very powerful. Anyhow, we should meet the Hokage first. It's about the prophecy."

The trio exchanged glances, all of them sharing curiosity and worry. They followed the Jounin to the Hokage tower with their tiger-nins.

When the team stepped inside the room after their permission was granted, Kakashi locked the door and did hand signs, then slammed on the wall.