Chapter 19

As soon as I woke up the next morning, after sleeping quite well, I ran to the closet and started to search through things to wear for the dinner at Elizabeth's today. Should I have a bit more “proper” clothes since it was a Sunday lunch or should I just take something I usually wear? What would they be wearing? What if I get there all dressed up and they will be wearing regular clothes. Okay, guess I have to try to find something that's between “proper” and “regular”.

After about an hour of searching, I decided to go with a small skirt and a white blouse. It was pretty hot outside today, so it would be perfect. I covered my eyelashes with mascara and brushed my hair. I added my favorite perfume on top of that – Escada Thai Sunset!

I just grabbed a banana on my way out that I ate in the car. I woke up pretty late, so I didn't have time to eat that much breakfast. I had to get going right away.

Butterflies started to flutter in my stomach as I stood in front their door. I was just about to raise my hand and knock when the door suddenly opened. I looked down and saw the thins.

“Hi Amber!” they shouted at the same time, looking very happy.

“Hi guys!” I laughed and stepped inside. Elizabeth joined us and gave me a hug.

“Welcome! You look lovely! Hope you're hungry,” she said and looked really happy about having me there. I hoped it was true.

“Yes, I am. Thank you so much for having me,” I said and placed a bit of my hair behind my ear, as I usually do when I'm nervous. It immediately made me think about Harry. I carefully looked around, but couldn't see him. Maybe he didn't even know that I was coming.

“Don't be shy, Amber! Come on inside! The table is set.” Elizabeth shouted from the kitchen.

I slowly took of my shoes and looked around. The house was so beautiful, even more beautiful than the last time I was here. A lot of fresh flowers, new curtains (believe me, I would know. I used to hide behind one) and some new carpets. And I thought that it couldn't be anymore welcoming in this house. Wrong again.

I sat down at the big table, admiring the beautiful plates and napkins. The twins sat down next to me, Simon on my right side and Sophie on my left. I gave them smiles as they made themselves comfortable.

“Hi Amber! Nice to see you here again,” Ben said as he stopped in the doorway to welcome me.

“Hi Ben! Nice to see you too,” I said and started to feel more nervous than ever. Harry was the only one that was missing. As if Elizabeth read my mind she called his name.

“HARRY! It's time to eat!” I started to freak out, but didn't let it show. I started to swear like crazy in my head. I was actually hoping that he wouldn't be here, that he was at Jennifer's or something. But I guess that's just my normal bad luck. It was when I heard the footsteps that I freaked out for real, and pinched my arm and tried to breathe right. This was just so wrong. I shouldn't be here. He entered the room, looking more beautiful than ever. Yes, I judged him by his looks, again! But I couldn't help it, he was just so handsome. His eyes locked with mine right away. He didn't show any emotions what so ever, just gave me a small smile and took his seat. It was one of those smiles that you could give to a stranger, or someone you have as a guest but don't really know. That's how I felt, just like some random guest. I meant nothing to him.

My comfort was the food. It was delicious! I could've eaten everything myself if I got the chance. It was meat with potatoes and a delicious gravy along with some salad.

It was very quiet around the table. I felt a bit shy, but knew that I had to say something.

“The food is delicious.” I said and gave Elizabeth a smile.