Chapter 37

My heart was pounding really fast. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell Harry, he would do something really stupid and cause a scene, and I didn't want that. I didn't exactly want to see Harry kill the man either like he'd told me he would. I lost focus on the game and everything, and wanted nothing more than just go home. I didn't realize that my grip on Harry's hand had gotten really strong.

“Everything alright?” he asked.

“Yes. I'm fine,” I lied and forced a smile. I gave the coach another look, analyzing his disgusting figure. He was tall, and pretty thin. Had blond hair and a pretty big nose. I had to look away when one of his disgusting blue eyes winked at me. I felt sick. I could feel my hands tremble. It was just too much. I saw that he picked up his phone again, and knew exactly what was going to happen, so I turned off the sound on my own phone. Harry would probably understand right away if it buzzed as soon as the coach used his.

The break arrived, and I got more terrified than ever. That meant the coach would walk around here, probably looking for me. I felt it. Sophie jumped down from my lap, and I felt pretty naked when she did so. Nothing to cover myself with. I bet it didn't matter, he'd seen me already.

“I just have to make a phone call, I'll be back in a sec,” Harry said and leaned down to kiss my lips. I forced myself to let go off his hand, even though I didn't want him to leave. At least Elizabeth and Jim were still here.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” Sophie said to her mother.

“Sure, I'll follow you darling.” Great, I was now alone with Ben. I was just about to say something when someone called Ben's name. It was a man, probably a friend of his, that waved at him.

“Excuse me Amber,” Ben said as he walked to the man and they started a conversation that probably would take long. I was now all alone. I freaked out.

I walked towards my car in a very fast pace. My heart was pounding even more now as I searched through my pockets and bag for the car keys. I was alone at the parking lot, no one could save me if he came to me.

“Looking for these?” someone suddenly asked behind me. I jumped, and turned around. My body froze, and that numb feeling I've had pretty much recently returned to me. I couldn't move. It was him. Right in front of me. Holding my car keys. Guess I dropped them on the way. Damn.

“Hello, Amber! Nice to see you again,” he said in his dark voice, that gave me the creeps. Just like the last time we met.

“H-h-how do you know my name?”

“Don't be silly darling, I know everything about you.” I could feel a tear stream down my cheek.

“I'm sorry about your grandmother. I never met Violet, but I bet she's just as beautiful as her granddaughter.” He came closer.

“No,” I whispered. He stopped, just inches away from me. I was so scared that I didn't do anything to stop him.

“I've missed you,” he whispered.

“Did you miss me?” he added. I didn't say anything, just looked down at the ground. He lifted my face up in an angry movement.

“Look at me!” he yelled.

“Did you miss me?” he said in a raced voice. I just shook my head.

“Tell me that you missed me,” he hissed.

“Say it!”

“I've missed you,” I whispered, looking away from him.

“I can't hear you!”

“I've missed you!” I shouted, even though my voice cracked.

“Oh, really? Well, I'm here now honey. I'll make it up to you,” he said and gave me a grin.

“What do you mean?” I asked, terrified.

“Get into the car,” he said and unlocked the door with my keys. I started to panic for real now.

“No.” He was big in some way, even though he was so thin. I couldn't run away, he was blocking the way.

“Amber, I know you want to. Get in!”

“No!!”

“Don't make me angry. You know what will happen if you do so,” he said and grabbed my wrists, squeezing so hard it made me whimper.

“Ow! You're hurting me!”

“Get into the car then!”

I don't think I've ever been so happy to hear the sound of sirens. The police. They pulled up next to us. The man quickly let go of my wrists and looked at the man and woman that stepped out of the car with surprised eyes.

“What's going on here?” the police man asked. He looked at me, all of my tears and my fear, he knew exactly what was going on.

“Nothing,” the rapist said, hoping that it would work.

“Is it your car?” the man asked.

“No, it's mine,” I said, more confident now. The woman walked up to me and gently placed her arm round my shoulders, after I'd received my car keys again, and slowly walked away with me. Away from the rapist. I couldn't believe this was happening. I was being saved. I actually started to cry for real now and buried my face in my hands as the woman gently rubbed my back. I was so relieved, and I bet the tears I wanted to shed back there next to my car came now instead.

“Were you the one who called us?” she suddenly asked someone. I looked up in surprise, and saw Harry.

“Yes. It's me,” he said. My chin dropped.

“I'll leave you alone for a while. But we would really appreciate it if you could follow us to the station later, just to answer a couple of questions. Is that alright sweetheart?” the woman asked me. I looked away from Harry and up on her nice face. I nodded slowly.

“Yes, I guess so,” I said. She smiled at me and rubbed my back one last time before helping her partner to put the rapist in the back of the police car. I hadn't realized how much people that now stood and looked at the whole scene. I felt so embarrassed, but hopefully they didn't know what was going on.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked in a worried voice. I just wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder. He pressed his lips against the top of my head.

“How did you know?” I whispered.

“Do you think I'm stupid? I understood as soon as he send you the first message. Amber, I love you. I'll always help you.” I looked up at him and pressed my lips against him.

“Thank you. Thank you so much!”

“What's going on here?” Ben asked as they walked up to us in a fast pace.

“Amber sweetheart are you okay?” Elizabeth asked and gave me a big hug.

“I am now. Thanks to your son,” I said and returned her hug.

“I don't understand..” Elizabeth said when we finished the hug.

“I'll tell you all about it when we get home,” I said and walked back to Harry and intertwined our fingers. Sophie reached for my other hand and I took it and smiled at her.

“Don't cry Amber,” she said. I let out a small laugh.

“It's okay honey. Everything's okay now.”    

Please Vote and Comment ;)