Chapter 20

I couldn't move. What was happening? Is this even for real.

Okay, can I please wake up now. This isn't real, right?

“Say something,” Harry said, not removing his hands. I placed my hands on top of his, feeling his warmth.

“I do believe in love at first sight. Harry, I fell in love with you too. You don't know how long I've been dying to be this close to you.”

“I've been feeling the same way, ever since I saw you enter our kitchen that morning. I didn't want to think so, because of Jennifer, but I couldn't help it. You were so beautiful. You are beautiful.” I blushed so hard in that moment. No one has ever called me that before.

“Harry, there's something I have to ask you.”

“What?” he asked, letting his hand leave my cheeks and intertwine out fingers.

“Did Elizabeth have anything to do with our sudden friendship?” I hadn't really planned on asking that question, but I did anyway.

“I see your point. No. She didn't. Like I said, I fell for you Amber. I wanted to be close to you, so I started to talk to you. And I was stupid enough to step back when I started to realize that Jennifer wasn't the one that sent me those feelings. You were.”

“What feelings?”

“These feelings,” he said as he leaned closer to my face.

Oh.My.God. He's going to kiss me!

When the space between our lips became smaller and was just a few inches big, my phone started to ring. I let out a small sigh. I looked away from him and grabbed my phone from the back of my pocket. My body froze when I saw the number. It was from the home that took care of grandma.

“Hello?” I quickly answered.

“Amber?”

“Yes, this is she.”

“It's your grandmother's nurse, Anna.”

“Yes, hi!”

“I'm calling to let you know that your grandmother is at the hospital at the moment.”

“What?!” My heart stopped! My sight became blurry instantly when tears started to stream down my face. Harry was right there, wiping them away and held my free hand. He gave it a small squeeze.

“She's got another heart attack. We don't know if she'll make it, but like I said, she's getting a surgery as we speak!”

“Okay, I,I,I'll be right there.” I said and just hung up the phone without saying goodbye to Anna. I put it back in my pocket and started to run towards the door, when Harry grabbed my wrists.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“It's grandma!” I cried out.

“I'm about to lose her!”

“I'll drive you!”

He drove very fast. I sat next to him, sobbing like an idiot. But I couldn't stand the thought of losing my grandmother. Not now, not ever. I felt bad for Harry though. He had no idea about what was going on, I guess he didn't even know that I had a grandmother in London. He drove with one hand and had the other one between mine. I tried to keep calm. Grandma will be fine, she's a fighter! She can handle this.

When we arrived, Harry had to park, so I climbed out the car and started to run towards the huge building on my own. The woman behind the desk was the first thing I saw, so I headed in that direction immediately, almost tripping over my own feet.

“Hi, my name is Amber! I'm Violet Carter's granddaughter! How is she and where is she?!”

“Oh, I see. Her nurse Anna told me you'd come! She's still under surgery, but I'll take you to a place where you can wait,” the lady said and guided me to a small waiting room. Thankfully there was no one else there, so I sat down in the sofa, and completely broke down. I started to hyperventilate and tears just kept streaming down my face. What if I lose her? What if her heart stops beating in there. What would I do without her? I placed my head in my hands and tried to be as quiet as possible. I pinched my arm, but I didn't wake up. Why would I? I had to face the fact that it was for real.

“No, no, no, no, no,” I said as I rocked back and forth slowly.

“This can't be happening!”

I heard quick footsteps coming closer and looked up, scared that it would be a nurse with bad news. Thankfully, it was Harry.

“There you are,” he said and sat down next to me. I didn't say anything, just placed my elbows on my knees and placed my head in my hands again, trying to breathe right. I looked back at Harry, and saw that he felt bad for me.

“Come here,” he said and opened his arms. I crawled up in his embrace, letting the tears quietly stream down my cheeks. Why did everything in my life happen so fast? I stood in Harry's room just a few minutes ago, and almost experienced my first kiss with him. My first kiss with anyone.

The time went slow. It felt like I had run out of tears, because I just kept looking out into the room. Harry stroke my hair and tried his best to comfort me. We didn't say anything, just held that position. I could hear his heartbeats as I rested my head on his chest. It made me calm. I looked up at him and got a small smile.

“How are you feeling?” he asked.

“To be honest, I'm scared to death. I can't lose her Harry.”

“You won't lose her.”

“How do you know? This is her second heart attack! She's so weak right now. If she dies, then so do I.”

“Don't say that! Amber, she's going to make it!” As much as I appreciated his words, I felt deep inside that it wasn't the truth. Maybe it's time for the part of my life that I've been fearing. The part where I lose my best friend. The part where I lose my grandmother.     

Please Vote and Comment ;)