Chapter 23

Ciara.

I put Marie's bottle in the pot and let it get warm. I was still tired and aggravated.

"Good morning, baby." Storm kissed my cheek.

"Good morning." I mumbled back.

Storm looked at me for a minute and shook her head. After my melt down, Storms been staying with me. I don't understand why when I'm perfectly fine. I grabbed Marie's bottle and walked to her room. She was wide awake with her big brown eyes open. I smiled and picked her up.

"Hey mamas. You ready to eat?" I kissed her face and started feeding her.

I looked at her while she drunk her milk. I still can't believe I'm a mother, I never thought it would be this early. It's not easy taking care of a baby. Sometimes I wonder what I would be doing if I didn't have her. I pulled the empty bottle away from her mouth and patted her back. After three burps, I changed her diaper and laid her back down.

Storm.

"I don't know what's wrong with her. I think she's going crazy." I told Jassy.

"You bet not say that, she might be around."

"She ain't gon' do nothing. But I think I'mma take her to a therapist." I popped a grape in my mouth.

"Sounds like the right idea. Tell her I said wassup, I gotta get back to work." Jasmine said.

"Aight, homie."

After hanging up the phone, I leaned on the headboard and continued watching Shrek. Ciara walked in and walked straight into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. I walked to the door and knocked.

"What?"

"You aight?" I asked her. I leaned against the door.

I heard movement and then the door opened. Ciara smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I'm fine. I'll be back in a hour, okay?" She kissed my cheek and walked off.

"Where you going?" I asked following her to the front door.

She didn't turn around. "To see Lola."

She opened the door and walked out. I grabbed my phone and searched some good therapist. I wanted to see what was wrong with her and why she was acting funny.

"Hi. Yes, I need to make an appointment."

Ciara.

I knocked on her door and adjusted my purse. A few minutes later, the door swung open.

"What do you want?" She crumbly answered.

"I was wondering if you had any."

She looked both ways and pulled me in. I took in my surroundings and played with my fingers.

"Why do you want this?" She dropped the bag on the table.

"I just need something to ease my mind." I sat down on the couch.

She looked at me while weighing the white substance. I looked away and sighed.

"You do understand that if you take this, I'm not responsible for anything?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yes."

"$55."

I handed her the money and took the bag. I quickly walked out the house and into my car. God, please forgive me for what I'm about to do. I poured some on a book and rolled up some paper. I sniffed up the cocaine and rubbed my nose to remove the evidence. I let out a sigh of relief, this made me feel so much better.

I walked in the house quietly. I made sure I hid the drugs just in case Storm tried to be CSI. I walked to Marie's room and she was asleep. I walked to my room and Storm was up watching tv.

"Where you been?"

"In my skin." I laughed.

"I don't think anything is funny, Ciara. You can't be out all day and come back at night."

"I am grown, Storm." I reminded her.

She nodded and got up. "You right but what was you doing all day?"

"Running errands." I lied.

She looked at me trying to figure me out. I couldn't make it seem like a lie so I just looked back at her.

"Okay." She whispered.

She walked to the bed and got in. She pulled the covers over her body and turned off the lamp. I let out a deep breathe and changed into my sleeping clothes. I got in bed and tried to wrap my legs around her but she pushed them. I smacked my lips and turned over on my side. I fell asleep looking at the wall.

Ciara in the MM.