Chapter 24

Storm.

I woke up early in the morning around 6 am and got dressed. I needed to take some time to myself. I kissed Ciara's cheek and went to Marie's room and did the same. I walked out the door and walked down the street.

I made a appointment for Ciara yesterday. I tried to get the best doctor for her. I wanna know why she's being this way and changing her mood every damn minute. I just wish we could start all over with just me and her. Nothing could stop us then and nothing can stop us now but...it's difficult.

"Storm?" Somebody ran pass me but turned around.

"Who are you?" I asked looking her up and down. She was fine.

"I'm Kj, Cici's ex best friend." She smiled at me.

"Ex? What happened?"

"We just fell out and haven't talked in a year. I tried getting in contact with her but she never answers." She shrugged.

I nodded. "Oh, I'm sure she'll answer if I tell her about you."

"Thanks. What are you doing out here this early?" She put her hand on her hips.

"I needed some fresh air." I didn't think I needed to tell her everything, she ain't my best friend.

"Everything okay? If you don't mind me asking." She looked concern.

"I'm just stressed from a family member passing away." Part of that was true.

She put her hand over her mouth. "I'm so sorry to hear."

I waved her off. "You good. She's in a better place now."

"Yeah she is." She assured me.

We stared at each other for a while. I never noticed how gorgeous this girl was.

"Do you mind if I walk with you?" I asked her.

She smiled. "No, not at all."

Ciara.

I sniffed it up and wiped my nose off. I put the bag in my purse and stuffed all the way in the back of my closet. Marie was out with my mom and Storm disappeared. It's going on 12 and I'm sitting here alone. I dialed Lola's number and waited for her to answer.

"Hello, my love." She answered happily.

I laughed. "What are you doing?"

"Cooking me something to eat. I'm starving."

"Get dressed. Let's go shopping and we can get some food."

"Okay. Sounds like a plan. Call me when you're here." She said.

"Will do."

I hung up my phone and started getting ready. I took care of my hygiene and got dressed. I grabbed my keys and phone before walking out the house.

"Heeey." Lola hopped in my car.

"Hey. What you been doing?" I asked her.

She looked at me and shook her head. "Living life."

"That's good." I nodded.

Lola smiled at me. "Hows you and Storm?"

I gripped my hands around the steering wheel.

"Ciara?" Lola asked.

"Huh? We're doing good, I think." I really didn't know.

"How don't you know? Spill the tea, sista." Lola smirked.

I sighed. "We've been arguring more than lately. I mean like we hardly speak to each other anymore."

"What? Is it about Natalie?"

"No. She don't seem to be mourning or anything but I know she misses her. I think... "

"Don't say it." Lola warned me.

"I'm serious, Lola. Maybe we really just need to go our separate ways." I shrugged.

"This isn't the Ciara I know. She wouldn't let anybody stop her from loving somebody." She shook her head.

"Well I'm a changed person."

"You do look kinda different." Lola looked at my face.

"Umm we're here."

I hurried and got out the car. Damn, this cocaine was already showing affects. I didn't think my face looked different, I felt I looked the same.

"Ciara, are you okay?"

"I'm fine! Why does every fucking body keep asking me that?" I rolled my eyes.

Lola took a step back. "Well damn I'm sorry for checking up on my friend. You have seriously changed."

"How am I changing?" I glared at her.

"You barely talk to anybody and I talked to Mama Katelyn! She told me you've been in moods lately. We think you're depressed." Lola confronted.

I looked at her as if she just hit me in my mouth. I never seen Lola so mad ever in my life. I'm a fuck up. I mess up every damn thing that comes my way. I don't deserve to be here in this world. I felt the tears rushing down my cheeks.

Lola sighed. "Ciara, all I'm sa-"

"No, you said enough and you're right. I'm a crazy ass bitch that needs help?"

"I didn't say that. You just need help. We're all worried about you."

"Oh so everybody thinks I'm crazy? I'm not getting any help if I'm okay!" I yelled.

"You're making a damn scene for no reason! You know you need your own space and need your shit together." Lola rolled her eyes and walked off.

"And how are you getting home?"

"Don't worry about me. You need to worry about yourself!" She hollered back.

I rolled my eyes and wiped my cheeks. I looked around then got in my car. I can't believe I lost my best friend.

Kj in the MM.