What is...

In Which RJ Discovers Aldub Fanfiction

"Meng..." RJ said, trying to get her attention. They were in-between takes and Maine, as usual, was on her phone.

"Yes?"

"Alam mo ba yung fanfiction?" He's been in this business for years and he's heard of it but never really looked into it. Until last night.

It was a long drive to his house after their shoot and he was bored. He was never one to google himself (he's done it before when he was just starting but haven't done it again especially when all this crazy happened) but he didn't have anything better to do so it was as good an entertainment as any. That's how he came upon fanfiction. Not just any fanfiction, but those about him and Maine.

"Oo naman, nagbabasa ako nyan dati, yung sa mga Hollywood series na pinapanood ko. Bitin kasi kapag off-season. Why do you ask?" Maine said, still not looking up from her phone.

"Kasi.." how does he say this without it being awkward? Knowing her, she will probably laugh at him, especially if she finds out that he actually read one... Okay, more than one.

She finally looked at him and seeing his face, she already knows what happened. "Don't tell me you googled us?"

"Eh, parang ganon na nga..." His face was starting to turn red, he was sure. Why did he have to bring this up anyway?

"At?" She asked, knowing that was not the end of it. "You read them?!" She pointed an accusing finger at him and laughed out loud.

"Fine, fine. I read some of them. There's one in particular that I want to show you." He opened his phone, accessing the browser and handed it to her.

"'Secrets'. What's this about?" She read through a chapter and turned to another. Maine was quiet, a bit contemplative.

"Weird, huh?" He asked. It was always weird for him reading about him on newspapers, especially if they were gossips with no amount of truth in them. He's had plenty of those in the past, much more lately.

"No, just funny really. Did you lose your phone or where you hacked at one point and you didn't tell me?"

"What? No. Why would you ask that?" She was already smiling and by the looks of it, she's about to throw him under the bus with another quip that he won't know how to react to.

"Kuhang-kuha niya yung kakulitan mo. Medyo accurate.", she simply said.

-end-

#sabawpamore