THE ACCOMPLICE OUTTAKES: Look At Me That Way

Dillydallying because I still haven't come up with an idea for the epic proposal Sabrina asked of R3. Unedited and I'm not very happy with this. But I have always thought of writing this as a companion piece, supposedly after R3's story ends. However, this was easier to come up with than what was supposed to be next. Anyway...

Song is Invisible Man from 98 degrees.

In Which She Can Hardly Wait

You can hardly

wait to tell all your friends

How his kisses taste sweet like wine

And how he always

makes your heart skip a beat

Every time he walks by

"OMG girls! I'm so excited for prom!" I heard her classmate squeal. Prom is a big thing for high school girls, much more to them who go to an all girls school. It was something I looked forward to because of, well, girls. And the reason why I'm here outside the all-girls school is that. I was waiting for her to come out.

"Uy, Sabrina, parang hindi ka masaya?" I did notice her not being as enthusiastic as her friends.

"Masaya naman, girls. I'm sure I'll have fun with you guys." She projected a smile. She really is pretty, not the only pretty girl I've seen but definitely one of the prettiest.

"Ay oo naman! Kami pa ba? Pero syempre, mas masaya pag may date di ba? Ikaw, sino date mo? Did he ask you na?" I wonder who they are referring to.

"Ha? Wala naman mag-ask sa akin no."

"Pero gusto mong may mag-ask sayo. Kilala ko kung sino." The girls teased her. I'm quite sure they're talking about me. Ako lang naman usually ang pinapansin ng mga girls dito. Well, me and...

"Wait, girl! Importanteng tanong, a-attend ba si R3?"

Well, him.

"Na-miss ko na dimples nya. Alam mo ba kung darating sya? Saka kung may date na sya?"

"Bakit ba sa akin nyo palaging tinatanong si R3?"

"Duh? Syempre! Close kaya kayo no."

"Kami? Close? Di ah! Mabibilang ko lang sa kamay ko kung ilang beses ako kausapin non sa buong taon."

"Friends kaya family nyo. Saka at least ikaw kinakausap nya." The girl beside Sabrina pouted, clearly envious of her connection to R3.

"Yun na nga, family namin. Hindi specifically ako. And in case you ask again, no. Hindi ko alam kung pupunta sya. But knowing Tita M, pipilitin nya yun."

"Really?! Waah! At least makakapag-sightseeing ako sa prom night. Bongga ka talaga girl, yung mga kakilala mo. Teka, kung mapipilitan lang sya, ibig sabihin wala syang date! May pag-asa ako makasayaw sya." These girls, so boy crazy. Nakakainis minsan yung mga ganyan, lalo na kung hindi naman ako yung object.

"Asa ka na mamamansin yun." I heard Sabrina mumble. She's right. My rival rarely entertains girls. I mean, he rarely entertains people in general so I don't think that other girls stands a chance. Well, more for me then.

"Going back to the topic, ano nga, pag may nag-ask sayo na maging date sa prom papayag ka?"

"Kahit naman pumayag ako, hindi naman papayag si Daddy so wag na lang." She said surly.

I forgot to consider that part. Her father is so strict, which is why she and her sister is enrolled in this school. I was supposed to ask her to be my date to the prom but it seems that would be a lost cause for now. But seeing that she will be there, I will be sure to make my move.