The Antagonist

In Which There Is A Third Party

I will never forget the first time I ever saw her. She is such a beauty. Ang ganda! Gwapa! She looked like a magnificent princess in blue, those that seemed to only exist in fairy tales. But since that day, she existed in mine.

I wanted to get to know her. I wanted to be close to her. I wanted her to like me. To get her attention. But work had us on separate locations, only getting to see her on screen. I was at a loss on how to win her over, so I enlisted the help of this jock who seemed to know a lot about women and how to get them. (I didn't realize then that he himself didn't have a girl.) But quite obviously, this girl liked someone else.

Despite that, I persisted. With the same determination and perseverance that I have, I channelled all that I know and all that I can to get her to like me.

I gave her chocolates. Sinubuan ko pa sya. She liked it and gave me the sweetest smile and a kiss (sa lips! 1 point for me, 0 point for you!).

But she still chose him after that.

That time, when the coast was clear (that dude didn't seem to be around for a while), I would send her messages. She seemed to like it since she responded back. And her face showed signs of kilig, same that he elicits from her.

But she still chose him when he came back. And I was like chopped liver again.

When the right time finally came, before all the screams faded and the people went home, she walked out hand in hand with me and gave me a kiss on stage. Best. Day. Ever.

It was still him she called the day after.

The first time I ever felt the sting of heartbreak was when I overheard someone ask her, "Meng, sino ba ang love mo?" and she said his name with a smile. She saw my pained look and all I could do was cry. She tried to console me after but I wouldn't have it.

My tantrums accomplished nothing. She still went home in his car that day.

Before she left for vacation, I finally mustered enough courage to blatantly stake my claim on her. I gave her a Christmas gift and kissed her right on the lips. In front of him. He protested and she just laughed. I really wanted her to be mine.

He was still the one who drove her to the airport and sent her off.

All I wanted for Christmas was her, and it seemed to be a lost cause. Mahirap syang kalabanin. He has all the advantage. Time. Circumstances. Looks. Physique. Age.

They say that you will never forget your first love. I am sure I will never forget her.

And the fact that she will never be mine.

Sya pa rin kasi ang pinili nya. si Kuya RJ.

---

Gym pa more Baste! Kaya mo yan! Agawin mo sya!

This was born out of a convo with sereace after she sent me cute videos of Baste kissing M. It was supposed to be funny and has a lot of dialogue (my original intent) but I really can't seem to do comedy. There's still a lot more ideas along this line which will probably be a separate one shot altogether, if I ever get there.

Apologies for the mistakes, it's 2 in the morning and I had a very stressful day.

Obviously, I do not own the personalities implied in this story.

Happy New Year lovelies!