A Heart Is Not Whole | The Accomplice (Part 4.2)

My hormones are crazy, umiiyak na ko kahit title pa lang ang nasusulat ko. Don't know if this will turn out as I have it planned in my head but we'll see...

This is a little short but hopefully sweet. Thank you for sticking by this story even if it's taking me longer to wind this up.

Same disclaimers, same song as the previous chapter. Unedited.

Parts in italics are flashbacks.

---

In Which We Need To Know If It's Really Over

Standing out in the rain

Need to know if it's over

Cause I would leave you alone

"Call us when you land okay anak?" Patricia reminded her daughter. Though she doubts if it really is getting through to her.

"Yes Mommy, I will." Sabrina promised her. She knows that tone. Since Sab was in college she was mostly "Mom" and not "Mommy" anymore. Today is an exception. She's proud of her daughter for reaching her dreams, granted, there's still two years ahead of her to finish it but it's no ordinary feat. What makes her proud even more is the sacrifice Sabrina made to make it so. They raised a very level-headed woman.

"Sige na, magcheck-in ka na. Mamaya baka humaba na ang pila. Are you sure you have everything you need with you?" Sam doted on his daughter. She'll be gone away again. It was tough for him letting her go the first time, and that was only for six months. This time around will be longer. And this time around he knows it's more difficult for her.

"Yes Dad, I have all my documents with me. The rest, if ever may maiwan, I can easily buy from there." She gave her dad a smile. A brave smile because she knows her dad needs it. Aside from being away from them longer this time, she knows her dad is not unaware of the extra baggage she's carrying with her to France. "I'll be okay Daddy. Don't worry." She gave him a hug goodbye and turned to her mother. "Bye Mommy. I'll make sure to call you always."

"Ihatid na kita hanggang entrance ate." Pammy told her. All smiles pa rin ang kapatid nya. She envies her carefree world. Even if the girl is already eighteen, she's still very childlike.

Once they got to the entrance, Pammy handed her the other luggage and she gave her a hug. "Take care of Mom and Dad ha? And update me!"

"Of course I will ate. Enjoy ka dun ha! Study hard." Pamela paused for a while and took something from her pocket. "Ate, don't get mad at me ha? Messenger lang ako. But here..." She handed Sabrina a small black velvet pouch. "Galing yan kay Kuya R3."

Sabrina felt the material and knew instantly what was inside it. "He bought this a couple of months ago, kahit na ilang years pa naman bago nya planong ibigay sa'yo. He wants you to know that when he asked you, it wasn't out of desperation. He really meant to ask. Napaaga lang."

"Pam..." She tried to give it back to Pamela but the younger girl shook her head.

"Oops, sorry but I can't take it back. Lagot ako dun. Alam niyang hindi mo yan basta basta tatanggapin kaya kabilin-bilinan nya na sabihin sa'yo na, and I quote, 'I bought it with her in mind. And even if she won't get to wear it later on, it's hers. It will never belong to anyone else' end quote. Keep it ate. Even if he didn't say it, I know it's his promise to you that he will wait." Pamela hugged her sister because she knows her ate might break down. "Sige na ate, go ka na. Babantayan ko yun dito, wag ka mag-alala." she said, laughing at her own antics.